Gayromeo and scams

christianpfc

Re: Gayromeo and scams

Post by christianpfc »

I had a similar message, which I quickly identified as scam and reported to gayromeo, whereupon the account of the scammer was deleted. They put some effort into it to make it look official, but they didn't fool me.
Von: REWARD_DEPT05 (Profil gelöscht)
Am: 30. Oct. 2012 - 21:44
Gayromeo.com England,United Kingdom.
Support Team.
Reply To: [email protected]
We the board of gayromeo.com International administrative are pleased to congratulate you on your success as we reward our lucky winners whom we enjoy their patronage in this year end of year reward.
This reward is the first of its kind. Your user-name/profile was randomly selected among the five lucky users awarded the sum of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling ( £250,000 ), each for your personal development as a user of gayromeo.com in the ongoing gayromeo.com end of year international reward which was conducted this month at the headquarter here in Britain London.
This reward is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).
This sum is gathered from our Sponsors consisting of over 1,000 Gay Sites Company and association.
The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching personalized user-name which subsequently won you £250,000.00 GBP with Lucky Number: GR-6554-713
Please endeavor to quote your (Lucky No: GR-6554-713) in all discussion.

NOTE: For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and remitted to you.

You are to contact our welfare office for claims: Mr.Bryan Walter (Welfare Officer), office E-mail: [email protected]
Contact Person,
Mr.Bryan Walter
E-mail: [email protected]
Promotion Manager.

This is an automatically generated message only to selected lucky
gayromeo users. Note that this profile is used by the gayromeo Support Team to send messages to users. We cannot reply your messages back from this site.
(Hinweis: Auf diese Message kann nicht geantwortet werden.)
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

I am luckier than you Christian - I have had not one, but two wins (£250,000 and £150,000) in two days!
What's even luckier is that I have met a nice man who will sell me the Friendship Bridge at Nongkhai for just £400.000!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Why is it, I wonder, that people fall for these types of scam when the written English is filled with errors and, worse, the amount of the "reward" is so ridiculously high? Both would put me on high alert at the outset! A real bridge, though - that might be quite tempting! ;)