Amin Tandoori

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Amin Tandoori

Post by Gaybutton »

I love when little hole-in-the-wall restaurants with excellent food are discovered. A gentleman who really knows food recommended Amin Tandoori to me and tonight I tried it. He was right. Next to India By Nature, this may be the best Indian food in the entire Pattaya area.

Unfortunately for most of you, the restaurant is located on "The Dark Side," way out Soi Siam Country Club, nearly 5 kilometers from Sukhumvit. However, for those of you who are on "The Dark Side" or happen to be over here, if you enjoy Indian food, don't miss Amin Tabdoori.

When I say hole-in-the-wall, I mean hole-in-the-wall. As a matter of fact, most holes-in-the-wall are bigger than Amin's. The sign is almost bigger than the restaurant. It's much more conducive to take away and delivery. He does, however, have four tables. It's all open air. If you are looking for ambiance and atmosphere, then don't even think about Amin's. But if you're looking for some excellent Indian food, then definitely think about Amin Tandoori.

I tried the Vegetable Samosa, Chicken Mughlai, and the Mutton Masala. It was all delicious and the portions are huge. I had no idea how huge. Half of it is now in my refrigerator waiting to be reheated and finished another day. The Mutton Masala is a little bit too spicy for me, but I ate it anyway. It's that good. Plenty of tender mutton chunks and not a hint of fat on any of them. The Vegetable Samosa is the best I've had anywhere in Pattaya. My favorite was the Chicken Mughlai.

The portions really are too large for just one person. If you go, I suggest taking a few people with you and sharing.

There is a web site, complete with a video and menu at: http://www.mydestination.com/pattaya/re ... n-tandoori

For a map and GPS coordinates: http://maps.sygic.com/IE73TRXYU

I don't know how many of you will ever make it over here to Amin's, but for those who do, I think you will agree with me about the quality of his food.
lvdkeyes

Re: Amin Tandoori

Post by lvdkeyes »

On your recommendation we ate there today. It was everything you said about it and more. They deliver and Amin said he delivers to Jomtien. Easy to find, even without a GPS. Just drive 5.3 km on Siam Country Club Rd. It's on the left. Can't miss it!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:It was everything you said about it and more.
I'm delighted you enjoyed it. Amin is a very nice guy too. What did you have?

I'm surprised he delivers as far as Jomtien. That is quite a trek for him, not to mention returning to his restaurant.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We ordered onion bhaji, chicken mughlai,vegetable biryani and garlic nan. Half of it is in the fridge.