Obama at the UN - The Rights of Gays

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Bob

Re: Obama at the UN - The Rights of Gays

Post by Bob »

I don't remember the name of the preacher who predicted the end of the world would occur in May of last year but, when that didn't happen, he indicated that he had miscalculated the date and it would actually happen on some date last September. When, of course, that didn't happen, all he said to the media was "Whoops!" On a funnier side of that coin, a couple of people who were stupid enough to listen to him actually sued him for all the losses they sustained in disposing all of their assets as they were getting ready for the predicted "end of the world." There just aren't enough Darwin Awards to go around.....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:a couple of people who were stupid enough to listen to him actually sued him
Even more stupid - the lawyer who took their case . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The lawyer wasn't stupid at all. He got his fee.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:The lawyer wasn't stupid at all. He got his fee.
Not if he took the case on contingency. I would think that's what he did. After all, these geniuses, according to Bob's post, disposed of all their assets. If they did that, then where would the lawyer's fee come from? Either way, I would not employ a lawyer who took such a ridiculous case. After all, one thing the USA doesn't lack - lawyers. Plenty of others to choose from.

Of course, the way things happen in the USA, there is always the possibility that these people will actually win their case and end up with millions . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

A smart lawyer would know the case had no merit and require a fee. If he didn't do that he is as dumb as the plaintiff.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:If he didn't do that he is as dumb as the plaintiff.
Very true. And it just occurred to me these people did something else really stupid. They disposed of all their assets - and why? Because the world is coming to an end. If they believed that, then disposing of their assets serves what purpose? If the world is ending, then who were they expecting to benefit from their assets?
DeE

Post by DeE »

This hasn't hit the main stream media yet (that I know of) but this interview reminds me of that quote "You can't make this stuff up"

I'm sure some of you will discount it without even watching and understanding what is being said....so please try to refrain from making silly comments at least until you have watched and understood what is actually being said.

It certainly is good for a laugh or a cry. The clip has to do with the possibility that the POTUS is gay which is talked about at the 10:30 mark on the video.

Oh My Buddha !!!!

My opinion is still both "O" and "R" are two talking heads on the same dragon.

Cheers...
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Seriously, you Americans are going to have to help me here. Is this some sort of comedy duo? Is it some sort of joke? It reminds me of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore doing their Derek and Clive sketches. Do people really believe this stuff?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ceejay wrote:Do people really believe this stuff?
I think George Carlin said it best:

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."