Oscar's Bistro

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Oscar's Bistro

Post by lvdkeyes »

Last night we finally got around to dining at Oscar's Bistro in Jomtien Complex. It is where the Poseidon restaurant was formerly.

The place is beautifully decorated in black and red. It is very striking! My only suggestion about the decor is to get rid of the artificial flowers and replace them with fresh ones.

They served crudites of cucumber, carrot and celery with two dipping sauces. My bf had Thai seafood salad for starter. It came beautifully plated in a conch shell. (I think it was conch.) He said is was very good and plentiful. My starter was Vietnamese Spring rolls. Again, beautifully plated with 2 large delicious rolls that were a little oily, but delicious, a small amount of mango salsa. I would have liked more of that. There also was a slightly spicy cabbage slaw and shrimp chips. Honestly, it was enough to have that alone as a lunch.

My bf's main course was chicken Penang curry and pineapple rice with prawns, both of which he was very happy with. The curry was a smaller portion, but the pineapple rice was very large. My main course was slices of loin of pork in an onion, mushroom and wine sauce served over fettuccine with an assortment of vegetables all beautifully arranged and perfectly cooked. I couldn't finish all of mine. We also had 3 mini mini loaves of bread with an herb butter. We both drank water. The bill was 1145 THB, service not included. Not a cheap meal, but certainly a delicious one with large portions in a beautiful setting. The music was not obtrusive, but loud enough to hear it. The servers were all very pleasant and professional. I would recommend it when you want a pleasant dining experience, not just a place to grab something to eat.
lexusgs

Re: Oscar's Bistro

Post by lexusgs »

Went here Tuesday morning for their buffet breakfast deal @199 bht. A good deal for anyone looking for an inexpensive start to the day. Cereals/pastries/fresh fruit/eggs + bacon all decent for the price. I reckon the decor will make the place age quite quickly. In the daylight it's not exactly easy on the eye.
Up2u

Re: Oscar's Bistro

Post by Up2u »

The menu at Oscar's has changed....for the better I might add. Gone is the metal plate with limited selection. They now have a traditional menu with weekly specials. In our party of five, 3 had the special; 399 baht included starter, main course and desert. The soups are excellent as well as the deserts. We all enjoyed are our meals. There could be a new owner and/or chef but whatever the case the "new" Oscar's gets two thumbs up.