Why such hatred against the USA

lexusgs

Why such hatred against the USA

Post by lexusgs »

I'm not from the US. I'd like to know how people who are feel about the current happenings across the Middle East. I've worked in 3/4 of these places such as Sudan/Egypt and Nigeria. All places which have seen some trouble. I guess some are just religious nutcases but I am surprised how widespread the anti US feelings seem to be. Is it a remnant of too much interference in Afghanistan/Iraq? Looking at the US TV networks from the outside in there seems to be more infighting within the political arena rather than a strong response to the current threat. Just an opinion as it looks like an important subject and could get even more serious if you follow the news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... world.html
Gaybutton

Re: Why such hatred against the USA

Post by Gaybutton »

According to an article I read and what one protestor who was being interviewed said, in their own countries a film such as "Innocence of Muslims" could never have been made without government approval and they assume the same holds true in the USA. They believe the film was made with the approval of the US government and the direct approval of President Obama. It's quite likely the majority of the protestors never even saw the previews or the film. They simply believe what they're told to believe.

The attacks on the embassies have become so widespread, in part, because hate groups and terrorist groups have been taking advantage of the situation and inciting even more of these violent protests.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the US government does about it, if there is anything they really can do at all, now that this has escalated into a crisis situation.