Chiang Mai Restaurants

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Klong

Chiang Mai Restaurants

Post by Klong »

While in Chiang Mai this weekend we tried Loco Elvis Mexican Grill. The margaritas were a 3 out of 5. We were, however, given 2 for 1 even though the happy hour was over. The Burrito was very large and tasted good but they could have done a better job of mixing the ingredients that were contained in the flour shell. Enchiladas were a 2 out of 5 and we would not try them again. We didn't like the flavor of the sauce and they were a bit dry. The Nachos Grandi were quite good but they could have used more cheese so they get a 4 out of 5. Considering these comments it is still the best Mexican Restaurant that we have been to in Chiang Mai. Much better than MIguel's. Elvis is located on Moon Muang Rd. across the moat from Mike's Hamburger and Hotdog place.

Also across from Mikes and next to Elvis is Duke's Hamburgers and Hotdogs. These two places may be connected in ownership but this is not said in the menus. The burgers at Duke's are hands down better than Mike's and are a large meal in themselves. A large order of French Fries gets a 4 out of 5. It is massive and can easily serve 3 or 4 people. They would have gotten a 5 our of 5 if they were real fresh potatoes. They offer about 5 different Hamburgers and the same for Hotdogs. Unfortunately neither of us thought the beer batter onion rings met expectations and they get a 3 out of 5.
firecat69

Re: Chiang Mai Restaurants

Post by firecat69 »

I was in Chiang Mai this weekend and visited Duke's in the Night Bazaar.

I noticed a definite loss of quality in all areas. Service was mediocre. Pizza was not cooked long enough and the thin crust was soggy and worst of all what used to be the best Apple Pie in Thailand was not even close to what I have gotten in the past.

I will give them a miss from now on.
Klong

Re: Chiang Mai Restaurants

Post by Klong »

I don't think the one I went to even serves pizza. Maybe it was a bad day at the Night Bazaar location or that location has gone South.