Up Market Thai Restaurant in Pattaya?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
jomtien999

Up Market Thai Restaurant in Pattaya?

Post by jomtien999 »

Hi Guys,

I need to entertain some Thai friends from BKK here in Pattaya in a couple of weeks. Their preference is Thai food. Any suggestions...PLEASE?

Although my preferred option is normally for Thai food when I'm in Thailand I tend to go to fairly modest places. Otherwise I tend to go with flow and eat with expat friends at diverse places.

All else failing - maybe one of the big hotels? Thanks for any input. I won't be counting the baht for this occasion and would like to repay some hospitality.
Gaybutton

Re: Up Market Thai Restaurant in Pattaya?

Post by Gaybutton »

You might like the Thai House restaurant on North Road (Pattaya Nua). You'll find a good review, with photos, at: http://www.pattayacity.com/thaihouse . And their prices are quite reasonable too.

Cabbages and Condoms, off Pratumnak Hill, is also excellent, with reasonable prices. Despite the somewhat strange name, everyone who goes there seems to really enjoy it. Their web site is: http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.com
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It's been a few years since I ate at the Sugar Hut on Thrappaya Rd. but it was very good with a lovely Thai ambiance.
jomtien999

Post by jomtien999 »

Many thanks for the kind and helpful suggestions. Given all that is happening in Thailand now - I hope my question wasn't too trivial. Anyway I will do my best to inject some funds in local businesses when I am there in November/December.
PattayaBob

Post by PattayaBob »

Ruen Thai on Second Road next to Casa Pascal is good also has a Thai Cultural Show...going up 2 nd Road just before The Avenue right side...not up market but great Thai food Thappraya Road Soi 9 Rins Kitchen take left at 7/11 go down 100 yards on right.