Gregs Kitchen - North Pattaya

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lexusgs

Gregs Kitchen - North Pattaya

Post by lexusgs »

Ate here last Thursday. Gregs kitchen is situated just along from the Grand Sole Hotel in North Pattaya. Parking was not too easy. Place was pretty quiet. If you like decent British food then I would give
this place a try. Items such as Shepherds Pie, Steak and Kidney Pie etc across the menu. We had a starter each of breaded mushrooms with garlic dip, mozarella topped garlic bread plus two main courses.
2 beers brought the bill to 1050 bht. Not cheap not expensive. Service was great and portions plentiful. Captain Kirk may want to try this place for a decent British pie ;)

http://www.gregskitchennorthpattaya.com/
RichLB

Re: Gregs Kitchen - North Pattaya

Post by RichLB »

I've eaten at Greg's Kitchen many times and always enjoyed it. The only caveat I have is to avoid the french fries. While his other menu items are quite good, the french fries are the worst in town - so greasy. I think the problem is he uses fresh potatoes from Thailand and they are higher in sugar than the russets we Americans are used to and absorb grease.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

RichLB wrote:I've eater at Greg's Kitchen many times and always enjoyed it. The only caveat I have is to avoid the french fries. While his other menu items are quite good, the french fries are the worst in town - so greasy. I think the problem is he uses fresh potatoes from Thailand and they are higher in sugar than the russets we Americans are used to and absorb grease.
You're right Rich. He serving up British Chips. There is a big difference! ;) I enjoyed the food but found the place expensive for what was on offer.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I haven't eaten there in quite some time, but I do remember their braised steak. It's really good. It's so tender you don't even need a knife. I would recommend trying it for dinner or for lunch if you're really hungry.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I'll certainly give it a shot, but if his chips are minging he'll only see me the once. Braised Steak is another of my "looking for" items. Had it in a few places, none too good on a consistent basis.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

He's serving Chips man not French Fries...taste great with plenty of salt + sarsons+ hp
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Ok. Had "my shot" tonight and can only really second the previous opinions.
Had the Braised Steak which was quite excellent. Went with the chips instead of potatoes and they really are not the best. The veggies were cooked better than most places I've tried though. Pricewise, it cost me 410Bt for the meal and a coke. Again, as above, not the cheapest nor dearest in town.
Overall I'd have to give it a big thumbs up. Can see me being fairly regular there.