Italian on Walking Street

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
firecat69

Italian on Walking Street

Post by firecat69 »

I found myself on Walking street tonight thinking I would have Irish Stew but I think my restaurant went out of business. Anyways I was starved and saw Don Joe Ristorante.

First I'm not usually expecting much from a walking street restaurant and certainly I know how many bad Italian restaurants there are in Pattaya, including some reviewed here favorably.

What a nice surprise I got. Fairly extensive menu and while I was reading it some very fresh Italian bread was brought to the table with butter and Olive Oil was already on the table. I am always amazed at most of the Italian restaurants in town charging if you want bread.

I ordered Chicken Breast in a white wine sauce with Rosemary potatoes. I wanted to try their pasta and I asked if they would make me a 1/2 order which they agreed to and only charged me 1/2. I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara.

The 2 chicken breasts were delicious and likewise the Rosemary potatoes . The Carbonara was perfect and unlike most restaurants in town not swimming in sauce.

Chicken was 300 baht and 1/2 pasta was 110 baht. Soda was 50 baht for a total of 460 baht including tax. I have paid far more for crap Italian food in town.

Oh and real table cloths and napkins and service was outstanding!
Gaybutton

Re: Italian on Walking Street

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm glad to hear from someone who gave it a try. There was a review in the Pattaya Mail in February: http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/do ... efuse-1562