Best value in Pattaya, Hilton buffet

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
painai2

Re: Best value in Pattaya, Hilton buffet

Post by painai2 »

lvdkeyes wrote:Three of us ate at the Hilton for lunch today. We arrived shortly after 1pm. It was packed and we were asked if we had a reservation, which we didn't have, but they found us a table. Getting food was a bit of a problem because people don't seem to know how to politely line up and wait their turn. We managed to get enough food to start. When we went back for more food the situation was much better. The crowd had thinned out and we were able to get what we wanted with no problem. When we finished we all agreed that the food was very good and a real bargain. We also agreed that next time we would book a table and plan closer to noon when they open for lunch. For 300 baht which includes VAT and service, you can't beat it anywhere I know of.
The word must have gotten out. I went when they first started the buffet and there was hardly anybody.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

painai2 wrote: I went when they first started the buffet and there was hardly anybody.
If you really want solitude try the evening buffet!
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

TOQ and I went back to the Hilton for lunch. We did not have reservations and all 300 seats were spoken for. Waited 45 minutes for a table. The Italian buffet was geared more twards the Japanese. Pizza and pasta with meat sauce were the only Italian dishes. Lots of Thai style noodles and rice, sushi, sashimi, and salad bar, smoked salmon, dried beef, smoked ham, and dessert bar. Not as good as last week and VERY crowded, but still a very good value.