Think my boyfriend took my passwords

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Think my boyfriend took my passwords

Post by Dodger »

Change your passwords - ask him kindly to pack his things and leave - and find another friend.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Jun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm
Rocket wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am What cast suspicion was at the bar we were discussing how I would send the funds to pay for his student loans. He was very inquisitive about which method, Western Union etc.
I'd regard that as taking a healthy interest in finance. Knowing how to transfer money without losing a significant percentage of it is worthwhile. Or in the case of some lads in Pattaya, knowing how to receive money from people overseas.

The only real piece of evidence that comes across in written posts is the loss of the password list. You may also be able to read body language, but being sat at a keyboard, we can't.

Only once I were 100% sure that he took it, would I take visible action. That action would be to kick him out immediately.
Of course, I would be looking to safeguard my interests by changing passwords, but there's no need to declare that.
Actually I shouldn’t label him a money boy because he loves money. That word has a terrible stigma and he is written off immediately. You might like the boy as he is interested in business, finance, and he’s an incredibly cute fem boy , twink.
I shouldn’t criticize him because he has some ambition in his life, unlike many Thai men who don’t want to work. You never see them working in the bathrooms of malls or very few in banks.

He has many nice qualities. I’m under no illusion that I’m not in love and I’m renting him. I’m just renting in the Beverly Hills zip code. Expensive but I enjoy spending money on him.
I’ve bought gold for myself over many years and it sits at my bank vault collection dust. It’s very rewarding giving him gold, the whole process because he appreciates it. More satisfying than going to the bank and using my safe deposit key.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Dodger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm Change your passwords - ask him kindly to pack his things and leave - and find another friend.
I can’t change some of them because I don’t have the password and my 2f authentication will have to wait till I get my SIM card installed in USA in a couple weeks. So he has that power over me. If I could I might do that, but I certainly don’t want to anger him now.
Once I have my security in order, then I can tell him whatever I want.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm I can’t change some of them because I don’t have the password and my 2f authentication will have to wait till I get my SIM card installed in USA in a couple weeks.
2FA via text message is unfit for purpose & a nuisance.

I have one credit card that uses it. However, the first thing I do when on the plane to Thailand is remove my UK SIM card from my phone and put it in the compartment in my wallet. The same wallet that houses the credit card, so I've realised this is a security risk.

Eventually, when I need 2FA, e.g. for a hotel booking, I put the UK SIM in an old Nokia phone to receive the text messages in Thailand.
The Nokia phone is perfect, as it's small, light, has a long battery life and doesn't do the internet, so can't consume data.

My Thai SIM also receives text messages in the UK, although it doesn't work in the Nokia phone and I have to use a spare Android phone. With data turned off.

Is there any reason why your US SIM cannot receive 2FA messages in Thailand ?

I'd be quite nervous if there were a compromised password with a credit card or bank and I couldn't log in myself to check account status.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is what I think you need to tell him:

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Jun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm
Rocket wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm I can’t change some of them because I don’t have the password and my 2f authentication will have to wait till I get my SIM card installed in USA in a couple weeks.
2FA via text message is unfit for purpose & a nuisance.

Is there any reason why your US SIM cannot receive 2FA messages in Thailand ?

I'd be quite nervous if there were a compromised password with a credit card or bank and I couldn't log in myself to check account status.
I spent 7 months in USA, when I leave my cell phone account goes on temporary hold. I can check on my account, but I can’t change the password, as changing the password requires 2f authentication. I’ve never planned on having to change the password, until now.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm I’ve never planned on having to change the password, until now.
Perhaps you should start planning on it. Most computer gurus I've read all agree on one thing - people should change their passwords as a matter of routine at least once every 6 months. I do.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm Here is what I think you need to tell him.
I know this isn't a funny situation - but I laughed so hard when I played that UTube video that I spilled my coffee all over the keyboard... :lol:
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

So I confronted him last evening. After discussing about he wanting more gold, I told him I can’t because I had to freeze my credit card account. My passwords are missing from my bureau. I don’t know where they could have gone but I changed all my passwords on my accounts because of it and the code I need to unfreeze my account is on it.
I then told him I might not have looked hard enough so while I go swimming he can try to find it.

When I returned from the pool I opened my door, and in the corner of my eye I see his silhouette. I looked directly at him and he’s pointing a gun at me. I tell him he can keep the passwords and I’ll still buy him gold!

Ha, just joking there. It was uneventful as he just said he couldn’t find it. Sort of my word against his, but I know what happened. So I’ll be dumping him soon and this might have been a good thing as I won’t waste anymore time or money on him. I just have to act for awhile as he can still do damage to me. I feel powerless not having access to my passwords but I’m hoping he believes I changed them and will screw up trying to log in if he tries. That might make him think I really did change them.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 pm That might make him think I really did change them.
Why don't you do yourself a favor and just get rid of him - right now.