Life in Thailand - Test Results

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:30 am
.......I was specifically interested in unreasonable increases in maintenance costs.
This being Thailand anything's possible, although I can't say that I've ever heard of this happening.

The property owners main concern is keeping the units fee-earning - where 100% capacity is always what they shoot for. If they were to raise the maintenance fees an unreasonable amount they would almost certainly put-off prospective buyers and possibly lose current residents as well which is a bad thing.

It's the same scenario with many renters over here - where the landlords commonly go for years without raising the rent for the same reason. It's all about "Utilization". I've rented numerous units over the past two decades and can't recall ever having my rent increased. Of course there are no guarantees that this won't happen, but I rank it very low in risk.

When you think about it short time sex in Thailand cost around 1,500 baht back in the 1990's - and it's still the same to date.

Go figure... ;)
Jun

Re: Life in Thailand - Test Results

Post by Jun »

Thank you for the information on maintenance costs.
Dodger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:26 pm When you think about it short time sex in Thailand cost around 1,500 baht back in the 1990's - and it's still the same to date.

Go figure... ;)
When I first came here about 18 years ago, short time was 1000 in Pattaya.
There are still some lads on the apps offering service for 1000, with that as their opening offer. Although, I'm trying to be more average than a low tipper, so it's been a few years since I tipped that low.

These days, it appears that most of the boys are from Cambodia or Laos, which might help keep inflation down.

Having very few viable gogo bars reduces my holiday costs as well. The days of paying off fees every night are long gone.