Serious air pollution in Bangkok - Again

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Serious air pollution in Bangkok - Again

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:03 pm what's the point if I can't see the views through the haze ?
Click on the article link to see the accompanying photo. Decide for yourself whether the photo is the way it really is or if it is exaggerated. Either way, none of those areas are going to be a travel destination for me.

It wasn't all that long ago when the area now so polluted was crystal clear with crisp, clean air. Now look what has happened. I see no reason why it had to get this way when it could have been prevented. What is the excuse for letting it get so bad that it is dangerous to set foot outside without wearing an effective mask - and even with the mask still dangerous?
Jun

Re: Serious air pollution in Bangkok - Again

Post by Jun »

Last time I was in Chiang Mai, I couldn't see the hills near the city. So that rules out a tour to the countryside in this season.

In the slightly less polluted province of Chonburi, I took a Songthaew from Sattahip to Pattaya recently. The driver and one Thai passenger were wearing face masks. Considering the air quality, I would have worn one had I remembered to pack it.