New 90-day address report online launched

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: New 90-day address report online launched

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:44 amFrolic with the natives? Are there any?
This is what we really want to know.

I once used to go to Dongtan Beach almost every day, but now my visits are becoming far less frequent. I haven't actually sat on the beach chairs for over a year. In recent years, most of the cute lads at the beach were already with a farang. A handful might do a walk past late in the afternoon, but blink and you miss them.

But it's preferable to visiting Jomtien immigration.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:57 pm
........ In recent years, most of the cute lads at the beach were already with a farang. A handful might do a walk past late in the afternoon, but blink and you miss them.
I sometimes enjoy taking early-morning walks around the fitness area at Dongtan.

Most of the hidden delights I cross paths with are spontaneous and usually appear when you least expect it.

I met a young melt-in-your-mouth Laotian boy who was walking down the path near the hungnam at Dongtan last week. He was wearing very short and snug-fitting spandex shorts which did little to hide the curves in his plump cock as it bounced from side-to-side as he walked. He was slim, cute, a bit camp, with "bottom-boy" written all over him...mmmmmm. His was very open when telling me that he was working in a gay bar and was unhitched...a real heart throb.

I was meeting friends in S. Pattaya for breakfast so didn't have a long time to stand around drooling - but can tell you without a moments hesitation that if I would have wanted a partner to sit with me at the beach concession that morning it would have been a done-deal.

As I'm sure you know, the working boys rarely if ever work the beach concessions anymore. They don't have to. The dating apps require much less effort and they can watch cartoons simultaneously as well.

I'm leaving now to do my 90 day reporting and looking forward to my visit to the beach as always.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:33 am I'm leaving now to do my 90 day reporting
And since the 90-day address report is the topic, let's stick to that . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Back on topic...

Immigration was a ghost town this morning. Not sure why...pleasantly shocked...but walked into the 90 day building at 8:30 AM with only one person in front of me. This was a first.

I had a thought while making the drive this morning: Wouldn't it be nice if someone in Immigration with a brain (I know that's a stretch) would suggest removing the requirement for 90 day reporting for those expats who have resided in Thailand for a long time (over 7 years or so) while continuously maintaining their visa extensions without any disruptions.

A Program like this would reduce the traffic and burden at all Immigration offices without adding any risk...satisfy the expat community that some progress is being made...and align itself more with "modern thinking", if in fact this is the new governments objective. A win-win-win situation, but unfortunately, just a dream... :(
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:37 pmA Program like this would reduce the traffic and burden at all Immigration offices without adding any risk
That's fine for an organisation trying to be efficient.

As far as I can tell, Jomtien Immigration are trying to be as inefficient as possible so that they drive customers away to bribe paying agents.

On the subject of immigration, here's another example.
Last time I used the Aranya Prathet border crossing, the immigration queue was about 2.5 hours and they seemed to be going deliberately slowly.
Whilst considering that route again, I googled it and found it's often like that. I also found out that if you ask one of the helpers, you get the option of priority treatment for 1000 baht. So now I know why they are going slowly. Corruption, again.
I decided not to use that border crossing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:54 pm Corruption, again.
"Of course dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady'

Jun wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:54 pm I decided not to use that border crossing.
I hope other border crossings won't be just the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are.