New web site for TM-30 notification

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p

Re: New web site for TM-30 notification

Post by 2lz2p »

In the past 21+ years I have lived in Thailand, I have never filed a TM.30 - it was always done by the owner of the houses I leased. But, having moved into a "new" house in the Huay Yai sub district of Banglamung (East Pattaya), it was necessary to do so (from reports I have seen, Jomtien Immigration Office does not require a TM.28, only the TM.30). My bf of 30 years who passed away 2 years ago last November bought a plot of land in Huay Yai.

My care givers are a husband & wife who after probate inherited the land plot. We have built a house on the plot and we have just moved in, so it time to file the TM.30. Yesterday, I accompanied Nuu (homeowner) to Immigration to file the form. I am posting our experience here for those that may find it useful (I know there is an online method, but it is designed for use by hotels, apartments, etc. and didn't appear to easy to use, so we did it in person).

We took the following documents:

TM.30 - prepared & /s/ by homeowner (page 1) with my information inserted on page 2 (this can be completed by the foreigner if they are doing it in lieu of homeowner).

Copy of house book (all pages showing information that has been added).

Copy of owner's Thai ID card

Copy of identity page from my passport (copy /s/ by me)

Copies of pages from passport showing stamps [last entry & visa type were on transfer stamps) including all subsequent extensions] (copies /s/ by me)

We arrived at Jomtien Immigration around 2pm, entered Building B where there were about 25 people in line. Nuu got in line and had queue ticket #188 in about 5 minutes and going to desk 10 in Building A. The queue number being served was #169. I continued to wait in Building B. It took about 25 minutes before our number was called. Nuu returned and handed me the completed TM.30 receipt portion. The Immigration Officer kept all the documents.

So about 30 to 35 minutes total. It appears Wednesday afternoon might be the right time to go to avoid the larger crowds.