Getting a new Passport in Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Getting a new Passport in Thailand

Post by Gaybutton »

I received my passport from Key Visa, complete with the visa transfers. The old passport is also returned.

However, what is NOT included is your current 90-day address report receipt, your TM-30 receipt, and your departure card. Make sure to save those and put them into your new passport when you receive it.

Also, I made a mistake. In my first few posts on this topic I referred to the visa service as King Visa. WRONG! It is actually Key Visa. The owner's name is Paul King, which accounts for my error. I have corrected the posts. It's Key Visa.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:32 pm
Also, I made a mistake. In my first few posts on this topic I referred to the visa service as King Visa. WRONG! It is actually Key Visa. The owner's name is Paul King, which accounts for my error. I have corrected the posts. It's Key Visa.
GB are you sure about the name? Key Visa was operated by Darren until he passed away last year - it is still operated by his wife and is located opposite Big C South Pattaya - https://www.keyvisathailand.com/

I think the name of the service you used is Paul King's Easy Visa https://www.easyvisathailand.com/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 am I think the name of the service you used is Paul King's Easy Visa
I may be confused about the names, but I am definitely NOT confused about which service I used. KEY VISA.

Also, I had another little surprise. My 90-day address report was due about now too. When I submitted the information using their online app it got rejected, followed by an E-mail telling me I need to go to immigration, which this morning I did.

The immigration officer explained that when it's a new passport, the first 90-day address report has to be done in person at immigration. After that, from then on it can be done online (until the next new passport).

If you have to do your 90-day address report at immigration, they want a new TM-47 form filled out (which you can download online and fill out in advance - I also gave them the receipt from the previous report), a copy of both the main passport page and the visa page. Obviously, the visa transfers have to be done before doing the 90-day address report. I'm still glad I had Key Visa take care of the visa transfers or I would have been stuck at immigration for who knows how long. Just doing the 90-day address report alone - you know with their new very efficient service - it was a one hour wait.

And yes - you must have the TM-30 receipt too or no service. I think that goes for all nationalities.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

There still seems to be some confusion about which visa service I used to get my new passport. That is my fault, for which I apologize.

Key Visa

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Based on GB's experience, I used Key Visa to renew my USA passport. All went well and I picked up my new passport and the old one from Key Visa today.

As mentioned by GB, they will also take care of the stamp transfer for an additional fee. I will also have them do my 90 day address report as it must be done at Immigration because of the new passport. After that, I will go back to online 90 day address reporting.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:47 pm Based on GB's experience, I used Key Visa to renew my USA passport. All went well and I picked up my new passport and the old one from Key Visa today.
I'm glad it went so well for you as it did for me. Now all we have to do is hope Key Visa will still be there 10 years from now when it's time for another new passport - and we remain alive long enough to need one . . .
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

In 2013 my passport was stolen in Thailand and I had to get a new one at the German embassy in Bangkok. No rush as I had a year visa and the theft was after a few months, but the idea that standard service takes 10 weeks and express service (at additional cost) 4 weeks is an insult. Times from memory. The entire process very unpleasant and costly, about 6000 from memory. An experience I hope to never repeat.

All other passport renewals I do in my hometown during my annual summer holiday in Germany, much easier dealings and cheaper.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 pm No rush as I had a year visa
Without a passport, isn't it a bit difficult to travel, check in at hotels, do bank transactions, etc?