Making a Thai Will

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p

Re: Making a Thai Will

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:08 am If you really want to leave a lot of money to a boy, it might be best to set it up so that he gets a monthly allowance until the money runs out rather than letting him get in all in one lump sum.
Unfortunately, Thailand has no provisions for setting up a "trust" document to do that. However, some speakers to the Pattaya City Expats Club have said it can be done by setting it up in another country (don't recall which one, but think it might have been Singapore). They were a financial planning company out of Bangkok and said they could set one up for their clients. Might be worth checking out if someone wants to be sure what they leave is not given lump sum to the bf.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:55 am Might be worth checking out if someone wants to be sure what they leave is not given lump sum to the bf.
I hope there is a simple way to do that. Boys having no clue how to handle money is the case most of the time. And let's not forget Mama demanding her share, which is likely most, if not all, of it . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

A number of expats I know give all of their money to their "Boy Special" now while they're still alive - so I imagine they could care less where the rest of the money goes when they're dead.

Living in the moment as they say... :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:15 pm A number of expats I know give all of their money to their "Boy Special" now while they're still alive
Give or get conned out of . . . ?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:15 pm A number of expats I know give all of their money to their "Boy Special" now while they're still alive - so I imagine they could care less where the rest of the money goes when they're dead.

Living in the moment as they say... :D
Predicting things like life expectancy, exchange rates and medical costs seem quite difficult to me. So the idea of giving it all away whilst still alive seems reckless.