TM-30 Woes

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: TM-30 Woes

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:56 am So the presumably national online process hasn't changed ?
I hope not.

I don't always understand British slang, but I have a feeling you might say "naff all" . . .
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 am
billyhouston wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:20 pm having spent a couple of nights in a hotel away from home, my TM30 was not up to date.
Why wasn't it? The hotel was supposed to have submitted the TM-30. Didn't they? If they didn't, how did immigration even know you had stayed at a hotel somewhere?
The problem was that the hotel invariably did submit a TM30 for two or three nights and local immigration insisted that I was still registered at the hotel until I redid my TM30 to bring me back to my home. Part of the problem arises from the way in which local immigration deals with 'renew' TM30s.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The last time I did a 30 day extension in Pattaya, I had been staying in the same place in Pattaya for at least a month. During that time, I'd been away and spent at least one night in another hotel, without checking out of my Pattaya residence, or extending the booking in Pattaya.

Before going to immigration, the manager of my residence assured me it would be OK and it was.
This was a couple of years ago.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

billyhouston wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:30 pm The problem was that the hotel invariably did submit a TM30 for two or three nights and local immigration insisted that I was still registered at the hotel until I redid my TM30 to bring me back to my home.
If there is a way for this to get any more ridiculous, I'd love to know how. I've never heard of anything like this. After checking out of the hotel now you're expected to do yet another TM-30 when you return home? That's a new one.

The purpose of the TM-30 is so that immigration knows where you are, isn't it? There you are, standing right in front of the immigration officer, but still that isn't good enough. Sounds like that particular officer downed a few too many schmuck pills . . .

Wouldn't it be nice if common sense played into it at least a microscopically tiny bit?

Jun, what's the appropriate term? Daft? Naff All? Something else?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:16 pm Jun, what's the appropriate term? Daft? Naff All? Something else?
Daft ? Insane ?

Or simply corrupt ?
On the basis that the more awkward their processes are, the more people will go to agencies & the more tea money they get.

What's really needed is for a new government to eliminate some process and automate most of the others, so that bribes cannot easily be collected.
Then fire most of the people at immigration.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:10 pm Then fire most of the people at immigration.
Not only will that not happen, but according to the news after the first of the year they're all getting a 10% raise. And in 2025 they're getting another 10%. I wouldn't mind a bit if my retirement benefit would be raised like that.

These people will see their salaries raised by 20% in two years. With the annual increase I get, it would take seven years to reach 20% more.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Here's a link to the TM47 Form: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-co ... -TM-47.pdf

I printed a few of these out...stapled a copy of my passport page, latest visa stamp page, and condo deed to the completed form(s) so all I have to do is grab one off the shelf when heading out to do my next 90 day reporting.

If I was a renter I would verify with the landlord, or hotel clerk, before checking in if in fact that could provide me with a copy of the TM30 for my stay. If they can, great, if not, I would stay somewhere else. At least until someone with a brain abolishes this ridiculous policy.