3. Oswald was set up, knew nothing about it, and it was a conspiracy
33%
4. I don't have an opinion one way or the other
33%

Total votes: 3

Gaybutton

JFK Assassination - 60 years ago

Post by Gaybutton »

November 22, 1963 - truly a date which will live in infamy, has lived in infamy, and will continue to live in infamy. Everyone who is old enough to remember knows exactly where he was and what he was doing when he heard that President Kennedy had been assassinated.

I was in school. The principal came over the intercom and informed us that the President had been shot and killed in Texas. She said she doesn't know anything more that that yet. She announced she will dismiss school in ten minutes and wants all students to go straight home.

I remember we all sat there totally shocked, including the teacher. Nobody knew what to say. We couldn't believe it. After a couple minutes one of the girls asked "Are we at war?" The teacher could only say, "I hope not."

When Lee Harvey Oswald was shot, my father and I were watching TV and saw it happen. My mother was in the kitchen. When it happened my father cried out, "Oh my God! Somebody just shot Oswald!"
From the kitchen we heard my mother's voice. "Good!"

But maybe not so good. Oswald never had a trial and of course now we all know all kinds of things were botched - including Kennedy's body illegally removed from Texas before an autopsy could be performed to the botched autopsy at the hospital in Washington, DC.

Did Oswald do it as a lone gunman? Was it a conspiracy? Was Oswald really "just a patsy" as he claimed?

My own belief is Oswald did it alone and no one else was involved and there was no conspiracy. A number of things that have come out over the years convinces me of that. One aspect of it that I don't recall ever being discussed: That morning when Oswald's friend drove him to work, Oswald was carrying a long package. The friend asked him what's in the package. Oswald said curtain rods. His rifle was found, but as far as I know nobody ever found any curtain rods.

What do you folks think?
Gaybutton

Re: JFK Assassination - 60 years ago

Post by Gaybutton »

Only three responses? Actually only two because one of the responses is mine (guess which one). I'm surprised. I thought at least several would have opinions about it. After all, a good number of conspiracy theories make good sense too. The powers-that-be would have had good reason to falsify and cover up what may really have happened. I am among those who believe it was entirely Oswald, acting alone. But that doesn't mean I'm right. Other theories also seem perfectly plausible.
Jun

Re: JFK Assassination - 60 years ago

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:47 pmI thought at least several would have opinions about it. After all, a good number of conspiracy theories make good sense too.
I watched part of a TV programme about it in the last week.
I just got the impression that they were interviewing the kind of people who would not change their views no matter what new evidence was presented. I switched off.
I'm not qualified to hold any views on the matter.