Excellent Pattaya UK style Chinese Restaurant - and you can't go

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Excellent Pattaya UK style Chinese Restaurant - and you can't go

Post by Gaybutton »

You can't go because as far as I can tell, they are delivery only.

The Chinese Takeaway - By Pimmy

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063615640112

I placed my first order this evening after stumbling onto them by sheer accident. The food is superb. Far better than I had even hoped. The portions are huge and arrive piping hot.

I requested delivery at 6:00pm and my order arrived precisely at 6:00pm, to the minute.

The prices are quite reasonable. They do tack on a 100 baht delivery fee, though.

You can pay cash when the food is delivered or you can do an online payment. I prefer online payment and it was quite simple.

I still miss my American style Chinese, but unless you want to go to a high end Chinese restaurant, in my opinion The Chinese Takeaway - By Pimmy is by far the best offered in Pattaya. Certainly worth a try.
2lz2p

Re: Excellent Pattaya UK style Chinese Restaurant - and you can't go

Post by 2lz2p »

I decided to give them a try a couple nights ago. About 3pm, I ordered several dishes for 3 adults and a couple of kids to be delivered at 6:15pm, cash on delivery.

On initial inquiry as to delivery to my location (Jomtien), the response was free if ordered 500 baht or over and 50 baht if under. I looked over their menu and sent in my order by FB messenger which they confirmed and included a picture of the check-bin. About 6pm, they sent me another message that the driver was just leaving and should arrive in 15 to 20 minutes - it actually took a little over 25 minutes, but that was probably because it was raining a bit.

As GB mentioned, the portions were adequate, tasty, and reasonably priced. So, ditto on the recommendation.
Gaybutton

Re: Excellent Pattaya UK style Chinese Restaurant - and you can't go

Post by Gaybutton »

And don't forget about Let's Wok - also on Foodpanda, which also has excellent choices. Some of you may remember when Let's Wok was a restaurant called China Garden. When they started delivery service via Foodpanda the name changed to Hungry Panda. Now, for whatever reason, the same restaurant changed the name again and now it's Let's Wok.

Both of these restaurants are worth trying - but I wish they would offer my favorite American-Chinese dish - Egg Foo Yung. Neither do, and as far as I know nobody else in Pattaya - or anywhere in Thailand for that matter - offers it. I make it myself every so often, but I can never get it to come out the way it does in the USA, even when following the several recipes on YouTube. I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out what.