Vietnamese Sandwich Shop

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Vietnamese Sandwich Shop

Post by Gaybutton »

A couple days ago a friend told me about a new Vietnamese sandwich shop on Soi Khao Tolo. That's close to where I live, on "The Dark Side," but what's a Vietnamese sandwich? I had never heard of it.

Just do a Google search for Vietnamese Sandwich and plenty of sites will come up. It's definitely French influence from the old French Indochina days, similar to the baguette sandwiches still available in Vientiane, Laos.

I stopped in earlier today and was definitely pleased with what I saw and the prices are incredibly inexpensive. 45 baht. How does she do it for that price?

They also make their own French bread and you can buy loaves of the various varieties if you wish.

The owner speaks English and is happy to explain each menu item. She makes sure to ask if you want it spicy or not. For me, it's a definite "not." She told me they have been open about 1 month now.

It's very easy to find. If you are coming from Sukhumvit, turn onto Soi Khao Tolo and it's about a half a block up, on the right. Plenty of parking directly across the street.

It's not designed for eating in. It's primarily for take-away, although you can see from the first photo that she does have a couple tables outside - none inside. Those tables are perfect if you wish to eat with the sounds and views of the heavy Soi Khao Tolo traffic about 5 meters away . . .

GPS coordinates: N 12.90980, E 100.89726

See: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vietn ... 00.8971761

Here are some photos, including the owner making my Vietnamese sandwich. Give it a try.

Gaybutton

Re: Vietnamese Sandwich Shop

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:Now, if I could find a Vietnamese restaurant in Pattaya with good Pho.
Maybe the owner makes it or at least can recommend a restaurant. She is Vietnamese.

You can also make it yourself. There are several recipes on YouTube.

See: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pho
lvdkeyes

Re: Vietnamese Sandwich Shop

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have a good recipe for chicken pho if you want it.