New French Bakery in Jomtien Complex

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Dale1

New French Bakery in Jomtien Complex

Post by Dale1 »

While strolling through Jomtien Complex, I came upon a new spot which I am sure I will visit frequently. On the road within the Complex whereon sits Dick's Cafe ... on the interior corner ... is a large new French bakery.

Lots of different types of bread, pastry, cakes, quiches and cookies ... all made right on the premises ... I think they also serve coffee so you can sit within and watch the eye candy walking by -- depending on what time you visit.

I bought a loaf of strange looking bread that will be great with the pot of vegetable soup that is in my slow cooker as we speak.

Enjoy.
Gaybutton

Re: New French Bakery in Jomtien Complex

Post by Gaybutton »

Sounds good to me. I'll give it a try soon.

In the meantime, after you try the bread you bought, please let us know what you think of it.

I hope you don't mind, but I changed your title to avoid confusion. When I saw the title you wrote I thought a new boy bar had opened.

Of course your title might have worked fine if there happens to be any French boys working in that bakery . . .
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

The loaf that I bought was a hard crusted, brown, French peasant bread ... very tasty and it is perfect for dunking into a big bowl of home-made vegetable soup ... need a bread knife to slice it .... one thing to note about the new bakery ... they do not have a slicing machine ... but said that they would hand slice bread if requested.

No problem with the title change ... just trying to be clever ... seems that it worked.

As for the staff, the young man serving behind the counter seemed to be Thai, but spoke good French to the owner ... so may be either French Indo-Chinese Khmer or Lao .... I feel that I have seen the waiter for the coffee service on Hornet.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dale1 wrote:just trying to be clever
Yes, but that would mislead people reading the board, which is why I changed it.

In any case, this bakery seems well worth a try. The only other place in Pattaya I know of where decent French bread is sold is Big-C Extra. My guess is a real French bakery would be much better and would have many more items to offer.

I've tried several times to make my own baguettes at home, but so far I'm a total failure at having them come out any good, despite trying to follow the instructions to the letter.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning I did stop in and I was definitely impressed. They have a wide variety of high quality breads, desserts, quiches, etc. It's definitely a professional French bakery and I have a feeling I'll be there often.

I bought a baguette - 47 baht and a passion fruit dessert tart - 120 baht. The prices are quite reasonable.

The name of the bakery is "O Delices." They do have a few tables if you want to have coffee, dessert, or whatever.

They're open from 7:30am to 7:00pm and good English, along with French of course, is spoken.

They don't have a web site, at least not yet, but they do have Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 061 561 9638

I hope they are quite successful. When word spreads around, I think they will be.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Dale1 wrote:large new French bakery.
Thanks Dale, I will check it out and try that bread.