Blue Olive is closed.

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Blue Olive is closed.

Post by lvdkeyes »

The Blue Olive Restaurant has closed soon to be replaced by Amber. The owner is Peter from the popular Aroi. He has shown me pics of the new place and it looks very sleek and modern. He tells me it should be open at the end of next week or beginning of the following week. I am looking forward to it.
2lz2p

Re: Blue Olive is closed.

Post by 2lz2p »

Early this week I stopped by KPK next door to buy some "Jimmy Dean" style sausage - there were KPK vehicles parked in front of Blue Olive and to me it looked closed. I hadn't been there in some time since new management made a big change in the menu. Hopefully the Aroi will be worth the visit - but, parking could be a problem - the last time I was there, the lot next to their building (at the intersection) was open and you could park there - but they now have built a 7-11 with a large parking area, so that open lot is no longer available for parking if going to the Blue Olive location.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:The Blue Olive Restaurant has closed
I'm glad someone has taken over that location. My friends and I used to be Blue Olive regulars. Then they started having problems with their cook, and went through two or three cooks, none of whom seemed up to the task. Those problems were compounded when Clarence, the manager, had an accident and was unable to work. Everything went downhill and we stopped going at all.

I hope Amber will be well worth it. Once it opens we certainly will be giving it a try.

Also, I have no idea what has become of Clarence. I hope he is ok.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

lvdkeyes wrote:The Blue Olive Restaurant has closed soon to be replaced by Amber. The owner is Peter from the popular Aroi. He has shown me pics of the new place and it looks very sleek and modern. He tells me it should be open at the end of next week or beginning of the following week. I am looking forward to it.
Will the Aroi still remain open?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Up2u wrote:Will the Aroi still remain open?
Yes. Aroi will not be closing in the foreseeable future.