Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 415 times

#1 Bacchus

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 am

Last evening a friend and I tried the Bacchus restaurant in Pattaya. I had never heard of it and found it accidentally while goofing around on the internet. The owner, from Brittany, told us he has been open about 1 year. I think for most of us it so far has been undiscovered. This excellent restaurant would surely have had a review posted if we had known about it.

It is totally French and along with wonderful food, beautifully prepared and delicious, Bacchus also has an extensive wine collection - sold by the bottle and a selection sold by the glass.

It is very easy to get there for most of you. Coming from Second Road, Boystown area, go toward Sukhumvit on Pattaya Tai. Plenty of baht buses and motorbike taxis available.

Cross the Third Road intersection, still heading toward Sukhumvit, and then immediately turn left where you see the Mityon Motorbike shop. About 100m down the soi, you'll see Bacchus on the left. Plenty of places to park.

You can find Bacchus Restaurant & Wine Bar on Google Maps.

GPS coordinates: N 12.924512, E 100.883456

See their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/bacchusrestaura ... barpattaya

My friend and I greatly enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, the service, and the prices are quite reasonable. Portions are very generous. I almost regret having had a starter - I couldn't finish my main course and took half of it home. Between my starter, main course, and water to drink (I'm not much of a wine person) my bill came to 680 baht.

Bacchus is closed on Sundays.
Telephone: 087 110 0810

I highly recommend giving Bacchus a try. I have a feeling you'll be back many times. I know I will.

windwalker
Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 41 times

#2 Re: Bacchus

Postby windwalker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:19 pm

I did try Bacchus and it was quite good. Had lamb shank with ratatouille as a side dish. Both were excellent. My dining companion had 500 g steak with a large Caesar Salad.
Cost about 1100 for the food plus extra for wine.

Only caveat is to be sure you specify how you want your steak cooked. My dining companion said "rare" but got it more toward medium.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”