American Bar and Grill Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 90 times

#1 American Bar and Grill Bangkok

Postby Trongpai » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 pm

With the demise of American restaurants Woodstock and Duke's Restaurant in Bangkok there were not a lot of decent options. The Smokin' Pug and Bourbon Street Restaurant are excellent but only have a specific type of what you might call American food, BBQ and Cajun.

The American Bar and Grill has been open for some time but I've not had the opportunity to try it until recently. It rates high on Trip Advisor and it's been on my to-do list for a long time. I had the meat loaf and baked beans and was very impressed. The owner is a long time expat from Maine. He's married to a Thai lady and has a family. Most of the recipes are New England he told me. He obviously knows what he's doing.

It's off a sub-soi at Sukhumvit 8 and used be the location of a gay massage venue, The Body Club. There's no remnants of it being a massage venue. It's across from the blow-job bar, Loletea's. You have to walk the gambit of several lady massage venue as well but it's worth it to get to the end of the soi where the American Bar and Grill is located.

The menu is not very extensive but has some interesting options. The place is comfortable. The staff seem to be family and are efficient and polite.

The breakfast options look good and they have Biscuits an' Gravy but call it SOS (shit on a shingle) Yum Yum I have not had it yet but look forward to trying it. The owner said the all day/night breakfast menu is new and there's about 10 different options including Eggs Benedict and Huevos Rrancheros.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3892424-Reviews-American_Bar_Grill-Bangkok.html

http://americanrestaurantbangkok.com/

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”