Akvavit - has 15% discount for low season

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Akvavit - has 15% discount for low season

Post by 2lz2p »

I visited this restaurant for the first time last Friday evening with a friend. Although I had passed by it several times, when I checked their website menu, it appeared to be a bit pricey so I opted to forgo a visit in the absence of anyone sharing their experience (there was a thread asking about it, but no replies - I didn't resurrect it as it was posted a few years ago).

But, a couple of weeks ago Pattaya Mail did a review and a couple of dishes mentioned intrigued me. But the icing on the cake was when it was mentioned in the "inspire" email I receive weekly as offering a 15% discount on food and drink during low season, I decided to give it a try. So I met a friend there for dinner. We opted for the air conditioned section which is located behind the terrace dining area and bar. We both decided on the Beef Wellington (beef imported from Argentina), although the Chateaubriand for two looked very tempting. It was excellent and was a good size filet in the pastry - when served, it was cut in half, which allowed us to see that it was cooked to our specification (medium rare for me and rare for my friend). Very tender beef. The grilled vegetables, asparagus, and potato au gratin that came with it was also quite tasty -- the menu price is 675 baht (our price with discount was 574 baht). We shared a bottle of the house red wine (Australia Bandicoot Estate Shiraz) for 561 baht (regularly 660).

IMO well worth the cost (even without the discount - of course much better with). They have several international dishes, some Thai items, and a few Scandinavian specialties. Here is link to Webpage, which has their menu (shows regular price, but will be discounted 15% when they present the check) - http://www.akvavitjomtien.com/. They are on Jomtien Beach Road at Soi 3 - I had no problem finding a parking space at 6:45pm on the Beach side of the road.