beerfest

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Joachim

beerfest

Post by Joachim »

I did not like the place in its previous location near Big C on Second Road and therefore I skipped the place when it moved to a new one near Avenue.
Recently I tried and the food is excellent and relatively inexpensive in comparison to, say, Pan Pan in Central Festival and Patrick Belgian Restaurant in the same area. Try their lamb chops! Try for yourself. I hope you will not be disappointed.
2lz2p

Re: beerfest

Post by 2lz2p »

Did you try their beer? If so, which one? Are they near Avenue or have they moved into the Avenue Shopping mall?
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

2lz2p wrote:Did you try their beer? If so, which one? Are they near Avenue or have they moved into the Avenue Shopping mall?
Sorry, I did not try their beer. They are near Avenue (location close to former Au Bon Pain). While many restaurants in the area virtually have no customers, this one is busy most of the time with both farangs and Thai. They have Thai food. I liked their deep fried pork but my bf prefer farang food in this place.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It looks like a place to try.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I've been there 4 times and each time had excellent food and tasty craft beer. On the last visit I dragged the BF there, he's a picky eater and proclaimed the two Thai dishes he had as excellent. Being a "farang restaurant" he expected mediocre Thai food. I tasted it and also like it.

I've only tried the wheat beer since I really like wheat beer and found it better than IPA Wheat and Hoegarden. It cost less too. I also like dark beers but have not tried it yet.

There's a lot of choose from on the menu. I went with the NZ steak, one time the sirloin and another the tenderloin. Both were good. Then I had the goulash on an other trip and it was good.
a447

Post by a447 »

Another restaurant to add to my list.

Thanks.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Massive portions and tasty craft beer.
A group of four would be full and sated with three main dishes..
Of course, you have to like German Cuisine!