The Smokin Pug Bangkok relocation

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

The Smokin Pug Bangkok relocation

Post by Trongpai »

I thought there was a topic for the Smokin Pug but comments on the Pug were incorporated into the Smoking Joe's topic so I started a new thread.

The owner told me tonight that they are going to relocate. The new location will be on Thanon Sarasin. That's on the back side of Lumphini Park and intersects Thanon Witthayu and Ratchadamri. I don't know exactly where on that block. He said he will have a parking lot.

The move is not yet finalized and they don't have a move date. When they do it will be posted on face book and on their web site.

https://www.facebook.com/smokinpug/
https://www.smokinpugbbq.com/

The reason for the relocation is to get more space and more tables. He says they turn a lot of people away due to lack of seats and can't accommodate all the reservations requests. I have certainly noticed that this restaurant is busy. It's been on the number one spot (#1 of 238 Results) for the category 'American Restaurants' on Trip Advisor for quite some time. I am a regular patron.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... ngkok.html

Since I am not sure exactly where on Sarasin this is going to be located I'm not sure how to advise how to get there via public transportation. You can take a motorbike taxi from Lumpini MRT station and I would guess it would be around 20B. They go to the American Embassy for 20B, about the same distance. Perhaps it might be easier to take BTS to Ratchadamri and walk or take a motorbike from there.
Gaybutton

Re: The Smokin Pug Bangkok relocation

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:I am not sure exactly where on Sarasin this is going to be located
Once you do know, please post the GPS coordinates. Maybe next time you're there, they can give you the GPS coordinates or an address. With an address it can easily be located on Google Maps.
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

I do not know if The Smokin Pug has been relocated yet, but fortunately for me it was still next to Tawana Hotel when I was in Bangkok as it was walking distance from where I was staying. Their food is very good BBQ. We were seated at a table for 2 by the bar and did see 3 groups of people turned away. One of the three groups had 6 people and the other 2 groups had 4 each. It is easy to see that they need a larger place as I was there on a Thursday.
Pattayamale
Living happily
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The move is set for November I was told.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The new 'Smokin Pug' is open for business. It's on Langsuan Rd. just north of Lumpini Park. Langsuan is a one way street from Phloen Chit and dead ends at the park.

GPS: 13.7354 100.5422
or 13 44' 7.44"N 100 32' 31.92"E

It's quite nice with indoor or garden seating. There are two floors. The food is the same, excellent and authentic American BBQ.

The new place has a lot of tables but there seem to be even more customers. Reservation or a lot of luck is needed for a seat.

It's not easy to spot but it's next to the Luxx Hotel and that is easy to see. Just a small blue sign at sidewalk level. I'm not sure the best way to get there via public transportation. Perhaps motocy or taxi from Phloen Chit BTS or Lumpini MRT. It might be too far to walk from the closest MRT, Lumpini.

It's listed correctly on google maps.

https://www.smokinpugbbq.com/