bread talk

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Joachim

bread talk

Post by Joachim »

There is a (relatively) new "Bread talk" in Royal Garden Plaza (near Coffee Club). I am not sure whether this is the first Pattaya location (there is another one in Central Marina) but some really good pastries in there (not so easy to find in Pattaya).
Trongpai

Re: bread talk

Post by Trongpai »

'Bread Talk' is in every mall in Bangkok and I don't care for the brand. It follows the Thai model of lets add sugar to every product and lets stuff every item with something very-very sweet and strange.

The closest to western style bakery in my opinion are some of the small shops at the Emporium on Sukhumvit in Bangkok. In Pattaya the bread section of FoodMart Jomtien and the bakery section of the Gourmet Market at Central are excellent. Other then the Bagel Factory in Bangkok I find the bread/bakery selections in Pattaya better then anything I can find in Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:I find the bread/bakery selections in Pattaya better then anything I can find in Bangkok.
In Pattaya I like the French bread sold at Big-C Extra. Also, the Best grocery store at the Dolphin Roundabout has a good bread section. Friendship grocery store on Pattaya has a good bread selection too.

Other than those, I prefer making my own bread in my trusty bread machine.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I make my own sourdough baguette on average of once a week. It is so easy, no kneading required. The taste is exceptional.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I make my own sourdough baguette on average of once a week.
Can you post the recipe?
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

Trongpai wrote:'Bread Talk' is in every mall in Bangkok and I don't care for the brand. It follows the Thai model of lets add sugar to every product and lets stuff every item with something very-very sweet and strange.

The closest to western style bakery in my opinion are some of the small shops at the Emporium on Sukhumvit in Bangkok. In Pattaya the bread section of FoodMart Jomtien and the bakery section of the Gourmet Market at Central are excellent. Other then the Bagel Factory in Bangkok I find the bread/bakery selections in Pattaya better then anything I can find in Bangkok.
To each his own. I actually hate pretty much everything in Central( I mean bakery ). For my taste, what Foodmart offers is somewhat better but still I like much more what is offered by Bread talk. I also hate Big C extra offerings in this section (but I do like some of their bread choices). I, of course, cannot say how healthy their bakery is. However, Bread talk is not Thai brand. It is also in Singapore and Hong Kong (and probably many other places).
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Big C extra has the same French bakery that was there in the former Carrefour. Their country sourdough bread is the only bread I ever buy. I also like their small quiches.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

Undaunted wrote:Big C extra has the same French bakery that was there in the former Carrefour. Their country sourdough bread is the only bread I ever buy. I also like their small quiches.
Yes, I know that. But even then their pastries were totally pathetic. (you would think that their eclaires should be good due to the French connection but I usually want to vomit after that). As I mentioned, I like some of their breads too. I have just checked Bread talk website and it is essentially Chinese company which operates in 17 countries. May I suggest for readers to try some of their pastries with raisin. They are delicious (at least in my taste).
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Gaybutton wrote:
lvdkeyes wrote:I make my own sourdough baguette on average of once a week.
Can you post the recipe?
Do you have a sourdough starter? A friend brought me some starter mix from the US.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Do you have a sourdough starter? A friend brought me some starter mix from the US.
I've made my own sourdough starter before. I'll do it again.