Greyhound Cafe

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: Greyhound Cafe

Post by lvdkeyes »

Tried Greyhound last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, service and food. The prices were reasonable. It will become one of my regular restaurants.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I ate there a few nights ago and I agree, different and good food. The cuisine is Asia Fusion, but there is something for everybody (Thai, Western, some Vietnamese). The few negatives were a bit of a walk to the outside bathrooms and there are two floors so some might have a problem with stairs.
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

I went there with my bf before Kaan show. I liked the food and so did bf. It was quite busy Saturday night and the service was a bit slow. Also a lamb dish (from the menu) was not available. Retrospectively, I realized that I dined several years ago in Greyhound cafe in Siam Paragon quite a few times and I liked it then, though the menu was completely different. Unfortunately for us, Theprasit location is quite far away from our condo in Central Pattaya.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I don't use motorbike taxis but the baht buses do go up and down Thepprasit regularly. This would require a transfer at Thepprasit and Tappraya Rds. if you are coming from Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening RichLB, another friend, and I tried it. All three of us enjoyed it and definitely concur with the comments already posted. We will certainly be going back. The service was not slow for us at all.

The only thing I did not like was car parking. You can't park a car anywhere near the restaurant unless you manage to find a place to park on the street. Even then, you're still not exactly close. I would never go there if it's raining. I don't understand it. There is plenty of space right in front of the restaurant, but no way to get there. It's either the street or the Kaan show parking lot - with all the tour buses and still quite a distance from the restaurant.
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

Gaybutton wrote:This evening RichLB, another friend, and I tried it. All three of us enjoyed it and definitely concur with the comments already posted. We will certainly be going back. The service was not slow for us at all.

The only thing I did not like was car parking. You can't park a car anywhere near the restaurant unless you manage to find a place to park on the street. Even then, you're still not exactly close. I would never go there if it's raining. I don't understand it. There is plenty of space right in front of the restaurant, but no way to get there. It's either the street or the Kaan show parking lot - with all the tour buses and still quite a distance from the restaurant.
There is free shuttle between Kaan parking lot and the venue. I do not know though the schedule for the shuttle.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Have always enjoyed the Greyhound restaurants in Bangkok. Excellent selection of dishes of various cuisines, pleasant ambience and always efficient and often cute waiting staff. I love their Complicated Noodles - only complicated because you have to mix several ingredients yourself for each mouthful. Crispy fresh lettuce onto which you place an ultra thin layer of square flat noodle, a spoonful of minced pork, a dash of green chilli sauce and a sprig of coriander. Quite delicious! Their desserts are also worth waiting for.