Indigo French Restauant Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Indigo French Restauant Bangkok

Post by Undaunted »

This is a fine French restaurant off of Soi Convent near Soi 4 Silom. This was my second visit had l'escargot, boeuf bourguignon, shared a bottle of wine and an order of profiteroles all excellent, my bill including service was 1450bht. open for lunch & dinner.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Indigo/438516816191154
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Re: Indigo French Restauant Bangkok

Post by fountainhall »

I had some good meals there until the owner, drunk as he often is, came over to the table where I was having drinks awaiting dinner with two gay friends and started ranting about how he loathed gays and hoped we were not! This diatribe went on for several embarrassing minutes. We should have walked out, but didn't. He is known for these homophobic rants. Nirish posted a similar comment on gaythailand some time ago!
I hope you didn't let the owner know you're gay as he's a homophobic twat - and I use that term totally intentionally after being asked to leave his eatery as "he doesn't want our sort there" . . . The sad thing was that he hadn't even the balls T the start to just ask us to leave outright and tried to use his feeble pussy manager to pretend our table had been reserved ( which it hadn't) as one of his other junior staff had actually just placed us there and eventually after I realised his game and told him I KNEW exactly why he was trying to bully us into leaving and that he would and couldn't it wouldn't intimidate or embarrass me as I was not embarrassed to be gay he then let go of all pretence and lost it calling us both fucking faggots among other things and shouted at us to get out, resulting in him and I almost coming to blows in the entrance to the place in full view of the whole restaurant - where I should add several people also heard his faggot comments and were equally disgusted at him.
It didn't help that Fan Club massage used to be directly across the soi and the boys frequently played in the street in front of his restaurant.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic ... ?hl=indigo

It doesn't matter what the quality is. Any owner who regularly behaves this way does not deserve the patronage of the LGBT community.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall, perhaps next time don't come in drag :!:
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote:fountainhall, perhaps next time don't come in drag :!:
I suppose that is supposed to be funny! There hasn't been a "next time" for more than 3 years and won't be at that restaurant.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall, you posted this on the same page of gaythailand and my expeience was much the same as yours and I will certainlly return.

fountainhall 05 Mar 2013

"I'm sorry to hear about NIrish' experience at Indigo. I visit the restaurant maybe four or five times a year and have only met the owner once. And yes, he is a boorish lout-type character who seemed at least half drunk.

On the other hand, I have never come across any form of homophobia there. On Sunday, we were three gays. Sometimes I'll have dinner with a farang friend and his much younger boyfriend. Or an American friend and his Japanese boyfriend. Once we had a party of about 8 there with three young Thais. Absolutely no problem. And we all agreed out waiter last Sunday was not just gay, but very gay!"
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Hard to believe anything you say since 99.8 % of your posts are negative . Maybe the owner is your best friend.

At any rate if it came to taking advice from FH ( I Have) or you it is a no brainer. Try guessing?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote:fountainhall, you posted this on the same page of gaythailand and my expeience was much the same as yours and I will certainlly return.

fountainhall 05 Mar 2013

"I'm sorry to hear about NIrish' experience at Indigo. I visit the restaurant maybe four or five times a year and have only met the owner once.
I did indeed post that - as indeed I mentioned in my earlier post. But it was before the homophobic rant of the owner that I and my friends experienced and our decision never to return. By then, I had ceased posting on Gaythailand and had no reason to update my earlier views! But of course I should have realized you'd pick up on a post without checking first the circumstances under which it was posted.

Enjoy your future meals there in the presence of one of the most homophobic restaurateurs in Bangkok.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I definitely will not patronize an establishment that is outwardly homophobic.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok Undaunted, I give up. What does that video have to do with this topic?