Iss Was German Restaurant in Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Iss Was German Restaurant in Jomtien

Post by 2lz2p »

If you like German food and low prices, this is a great place. "Iss Was" is supposed to mean "Eat Something" in English. I first read about the place in Pattaya Mail (http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/is ... ing-153374). I found a location map on their website (http://www.isswas-pattaya.com/en/) which also shows a daily special of Schnitzel & potato for 109 baht and several Sunday Specials - they also have a Face Book page which has a map (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iss-Was/476488705766083).

My first visit was a week ago Sunday - the bf was driving me back from a Hospital visit which takes us on Soi Wat Boon - I suggested we stop there to see if they were open for lunch (they were - their hours are 9am to 9pm, closed Tuesday). There were quite a few customers (apparently drawn in by their Sunday specials). I had a Sausage & Potato Salad and bf had their Hamburger. I looked over their extensive menu and chose a pork type steak with mashed potato & a bowl of green peas soup (with sausages) to take home. Including a bottle of water, the total price for the both of us and take home was 550 baht.

I invited some friends to go with me this last Wednesday. We each ordered a bowl of soup (one green pea, one bean, and one lentil - all with sausages included) - the soups were served with a slice of dark bread - they have several more on the menu all priced from 130 to 150 baht. The soups were very good and filling. They have several different Schnitzels and other German dishes which you can order small or large portion (if I recall, Schnitzel prices are around 109 to 225 baht) - you order your sides dish(es) at additional cost and again, there are several choices (potato dishes, german noodle and I think some dumplings, and vegetable dishes) - as I recall, the prices are around 65 to 95 baht. I ordered the Jaeger Schnitzel large portion (pork covered with a mushroom gravy) and two sides (fried potato and creamed spinach) - I took half the schnitzel, potatoes, and all the creamed spinach home as it was too much to eat, especially after the large soup. They also have several desert cakes - I ordered a cherry cake to also take home - it was 85 baht. My total bill for the meal was 495 baht. One of my companions had a different Schnitzel (cream sauce on the side) and the other had the Cordon Bleu - both had a potato side dish. We all had a German bottle of dark beer (.5L for 175 baht). It went very well with the German food, which we all enjoyed.

They also have a series of dishes that come with a side such as spaetzle (noodles), red cabbage or sauerkraut. There is also a breakfast menu and a Thai menu.

It is on Soi Wat Boon 2 (traveling from Sukhumvit on Soi Wat Boon toward Jomtien 2nd Road, it is the first cross intersection (has a green sign over the road - don't recall what it is for, but makes a good landmark) turn right - if coming from 2nd Road toward Sukhumvit, it is the last cross road before sukhumvit (from this direction, it is the 2nd Green sign over the road) turn left. There are not many commercial buildings on the road, so it is hard to miss the Iss Was as it is by itself on the right side of the road. It is open air dining, but they have a lot of fans. There is plenty of parking space behind the main building - the driveway is just past the restaurant dining area.
Undaunted

Re: Iss Was German Restaurant in Jomtien

Post by Undaunted »

This sounds interesting as I like German food however, I read your directions, and I even called them and still have no idea how to get there. :?:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:still have no idea how to get there. :?:
Go to Google Maps.
Type in: Iss Was Pattaya in the search.
It will come up on the map.
Right click on the icon showing the restaurant.
On the drop-down menu, select Directions to Here.

Bun Kanchana Alley is also known as Soi Wat Boon. It is the first set of traffic lights south of Makro, on Sukhumvit.

If you're coming from Jomtien Second Road, Soi Wat Boon is the soi leading off toward Sukhumvit at the roundabout.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

As mentioned, they have a map on both their website and Face Book page. If you are familiar with Jomtien, Soi Wat Boon is the intersection on Jomtien 2nd Road that has the traffic roundabout. If coming from Thappraya Road (Jomtien Complex) on Jomtien 2nd Road when you get to the roundabout, go left and you will be on Soi Wat Boon headed toward Sukhumvit Road - before you get to the intersection with Sukhumvit there is a four way intersection with a green sign hanging over the road. Turn left and you are on Soi Wat Boon 2. Continue along the Soi and the restaurant will be on your right - can't miss it as their sign Iss Was is very large above the dining area.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We have eaten there several times and have enjoyed it every time, Good homemade desserts, especially their Black Forest cake.