Pattaya Meals

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya Meals

Post by Gaybutton »

I suppose 'no tip necessary' really applies to any home food delivery - from KFC to Door-2-Door. No law says tipping is necessary, however I would guess that most people, at least those who are members of this board, are going to tip whether necessary or not.

I don't know about others, but around Songkran, Thailand's happiest holiday (at least for Thais), I even leave a little something for the mail carrier and the garbage collectors.

Undaunted wrote:why bother cooking at all?
Because some of us enjoy cooking, especially if we want something that can't be found in any of the restaurants or delivery services. My American style egg fu yung is the first item that comes to my mind. If I want it I have to make it myself - and I want it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:why bother cooking at all?
Because some of us enjoy cooking, especially if we want something that can't be found in any of the restaurants or delivery services. My American style egg fu yung is the first item that comes to my mind. If I want it I have to make it myself - and I want it.
American style Chinese food you won't find in Pattaya but most things I want to eat like Indian or Italian food I will go to a restaurant to get it.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have now ordered from them on several occasions through their Facebook message. What I especially like is I can tell them what I want in the afternoon for a delivery around 7or 7:30pm - so far, they have arrived within 5 minutes of specified time (yes, I do tip the delivery person).

I wouldn't say the food is gourmet quality, but it is good and usually plentiful. In addition to the meal for my dinner, I usually order the "Pattaya Panini," so I can have it for lunch the next day - nice size and comes with a side of macaroni (not sure of seasoning they use on the macaroni, but for me, it really tastes good). The only critique I might have is my first order was fish & chips - they were good, but a bit "oily." I've been ordering something different for my evening meal each time - last night, it included my "free meal" after having ordered 10 meals -- when ordering more than one meal, they deduct the price of the most expensive one for your "free meal."

Their facebook ordering method is very good - you send them a message with your request and the response is received a few seconds later - whoever is handling the orders seem to have a good understanding of English.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

IMO they have continued to have good meals, with several added since the above posts, that are reasonably priced. I tend to order from them on a regular basis - I find it convenient at times to order two or even three meals to eat one that evening and the others the over the next day or two. The bf especially likes their Thai food (me too), so we order several and share. However, I will continue to order my pizzas from NY Pizza (bf agrees as he likes their pizzas much better). They are now open from 11:30am to 11:30pm. They keep track of the number of meals and tell me when I have a free one with my order (also, the free one is usually the most expensive one in my order - but some of their items, e.g. pastrami and corned beef sandwiches, are reduced only a portion if it is the free meal).

The meals are usually delivered to me in Jomtien within 30 to 40 minutes.

I usually stock up on groceries and stay in during Songkran, did pretty much the same this year, but at times I don't feel like cooking - so, I contacted them about their delivery during Songkran -- they will be open everyday EXCEPT the 19th (when nothing moves in traffic). So, I expect I will be ordering from them during this year's Songkran. I'll probably give an even bigger tip if the delivery person shows up wet :D .
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Since this thread started I have been a regular customer of theirs. I have yet to be disappointed. The quality and prices can't be beat. The pizzas on their web page look different from the usual fare, but unfortunately they come with a very thin crust so not really to my taste. I hope we all do what we can to keep this excellent service in business and profitable.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

They are back in business! I usually order a few meals, almost on a weekly basis, especially since I had to start watching my diet and losing weight (5+ weeks in hospital with lung infection and treatment complicated by too much weight) - Pattaya Meals have a few dishes that I can order and remain on my diet. But, during April they stopped their food delivery service temporarily - moved locations and did some revamping to eliminate some timely delivery problems.

On May 1, they were back in business - they have also added new items to their choices (unfortunately, the items are not on my recommended diet, but I'm sure others will enjoy). See their Face Book page at: https://www.facebook.com/PattayaMeals/ or see their website for the full menu: http://pattayameals.com/