Beertopia

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Beertopia

Post by 2lz2p »

I stopped in last Saturday for lunch - I haven't been there for a while as I am very partial to some of their craft beers and usually have one or two while there (not good for the pocket book or weight). I was planning on a hot dog, but noticed they now have Frito Pie on the menu - something I always enjoyed and usually made for myself in USA, but was not available in Thailand (I have made something similar using Danita Tostadas, but it is not quite the same without Fritos).

It was good, but my only suggestion would be that they should include a little more chili & cheese - there were plenty of Fritos, chopped onions, etc. The lady working there said the only place they can get Fritos is at Villa Market -- I also haven't been to Villa in some some time, maybe I will have to stop by and at least pick up some Fritos so I can make the pie the way I really like.

While there, I took the opportunity to pick up a pack of beef wieners and hot dog buns - I do like a good hot dog (sorry GB, but my favorite is a chili cheese dog with hot mustard and chopped onions).
Gaybutton

Re: Beertopia

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:sorry GB, but my favorite is a chili cheese dog with hot mustard and chopped onions
Mine has to be with mustard and sauerkraut. The only really good American style hot dogs I've been able to find are sold at Beertopia. If anyone reading this wants to try Beertopia, they open at 2:00pm.

You can also buy hot dog buns at Beertopia - 20 baht each. Personally, I like the ones I find at Makro.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Beertopia is now open at Noon.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Beertopia is now open at Noon.
Thank you. I didn't know they changed their opening time. That makes it easier to get there, at least for me.

Also, I think 2lz2p is right. As far as I know the only place in Pattaya that sells Fritos is Villa Market. I look for them elsewhere, but never see them. I don't know why other stores don't carry them, but they don't.

Villa Market sells only one large size bag for around 190 baht. They had been 179 baht, but last time I was in Villa Market I saw the price has been raised a little bit.

What I do is take what I want from the bag, then close the bag and freeze it. When I want some more, I take them out of the bag and let them thaw in a bowl - only takes a minute or so, then put the rest of the bag back into the freezer. That works just fine for keeping them just like they were when the bag was first opened.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The sign on their door says they open at 11am.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:The sign on their door says they open at 11am.
Even better.