Le Petit Bouchon on Jomtien 2nd Road

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Le Petit Bouchon on Jomtien 2nd Road

Post by 2lz2p »

I had seen this place before when traveling on Jomtien 2nd Road, but never got around to giving it a try. Last night I went there with a friend. It is open air (no AC, but several fans). Although it bills itself as a French and Thai restaurant, the western menu appeared to be mostly European dishes. In our opinion, the food was excellent and very reasonably priced.

My friend had the special shown on the chalkboard - Australian Rib Eye steak - 250g - for 390 baht. He ordered it rare and that is how it was cooked (or not cooked depending on your viewpoint) - he said it was excellent and very tender - it was served with a salad, baked potato (his choice), and mushroom sauce on the side. I chose the Jägerschnitzel (“hunter's cutlet”) - it was two nice size pork cutlets covered with a mushroom sauce - it also came with a salad and choice of potato (I chose the fried potato - the other choices are french fries, mashed, or baked). The pork was very tender. My dish was 250 baht.

There are other steaks on the menu around 350 baht, but the menu doesn't show whether they are local or imported beef. The house wine is 90 baht per glass or half liter carafe at 290 baht.

They are open from 4pm to 11pm. The location is on the west side of Jomtien 2nd Road between Soi 8 and 7 (closer to Soi 7 than 8). It is next to the Corner Bar (whose sign is easier to see). There is usually space for parking on the street.
Gaybutton

Re: Le Petit Bouchon on Jomtien 2nd Road

Post by Gaybutton »

I appreciate your post. I too noticed it and passed it many times. I keep meaning to give it a try. Now that you've posted your review I'm going to make a point of it.
windwalker

Re: Le Petit Bouchon on Jomtien 2nd Road

Post by windwalker »

Thanks for your post, lay z, I like French food and the bf likes steaks (rare) and we both like wine. Will try it out when I return in a few weeks.