Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
LaongsBistro
Liked: 23 times
Been liked: 5 times

#41 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby LaongsBistro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 am

Following the heads up from Up2u regarding the Pasta I'm pleased to say it was an easy fix. Bit of "training" and a tweak to the process and last night the pasta was piping hot.

I value all feedback, good or bad but especially when something is not satisfactory please do let me know. I appreciate not everyone likes to complain directly since in some venues it can fall on deaf ears or result in a row. We don't always get things right so if I'm not around at the time of your visit please feel free to contact me using any of our social media channels, we are on FB, Insta, Twitter, Line, Wechat along with having email and an old fashioned telephone.

Thanks again for the feedback up2u and I regret you had anything but a first class experience at Laong's.
Robert & Ong
Laong's Bistro & Boutique
Jomtien 2nd Road
Tel: 038233099
Web: http://laongs.com
Line: @laongsbistro

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 39 times

#42 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby lvdkeyes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 am

Had the Pasta buffet last night and enjoyed it very much. Pasta was hot. No complaints.. It was very busy when we were there at 7-730 PM.

Up2u
Liked: 238 times
Been liked: 79 times

#43 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Up2u » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:40 pm

lvdkeyes wrote:Had the Pasta buffet last night and enjoyed it very much. Pasta was hot. No complaints.. It was very busy when we were there at 7-730 PM.

Good news.... We'll be back.

Undaunted
Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 211 times

#44 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Nothing wrong with offering a 10% discount upon mentioning the name of the forum......Let them judge its effectiveness.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Up2u
Liked: 238 times
Been liked: 79 times

#45 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Up2u » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Undaunted wrote:Nothing wrong with offering a 10% discount upon mentioning the name of the forum......Let them judge its effectiveness.

They offer a 10% discount to Pattaya City Expat Club members just show your card, many forum members belong.

Undaunted

#46 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Up2u wrote:
Undaunted wrote:Nothing wrong with offering a 10% discount upon mentioning the name of the forum......Let them judge its effectiveness.

They offer a 10% discount to Pattaya City Expat Club members just show your card, many forum members belong.

And many do not belong, and surely holiday makers do not, also the restaurant is at the ass end of Jomtien and it might be an added incentive to seek it out.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 581 times

#47 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Undaunted wrote:Nothing wrong with offering a 10% discount upon mentioning the name of the forum

I fail to see the point of that. If he wants to give a discount on the basis of being a member of this forum, and the way to do that is by mentioning this forum, anybody can read this forum whether they're members or not. Anyone seeing they can get a discount by mentioning this forum could simply walk in and say "Gaybutton forum." By doing that he might as well offer a discount for simply walking through the restaurant door.

In my opinion the way for any restaurant to increase customer numbers is not by offering discounts, but offering consistently good quality food, reasonable prices, friendly efficient service, and doing what it takes to make things right if a customer has a complaint - especially the part about making things right.

When a restaurant is really consistently good, people get there even when the location is hard to get to. Au bon Coin is a perfect example. It's difficult to get there without your own transportation - and even then can be hard to find it. But just try to get in without a booking. I go to restaurants for the pleasure of eating there. I for sure don't go because I like being unable rely on the quality of the food or to end up in an argument with the owner or staff or listening to excuses.

I doubt very many who regularly eat in Pattaya restaurants would dispute that in far too many restaurants if you have a complaint, the response is usually excuses or arguing with the customer. Only rarely does the restaurant do anything to make things right. The phrase, "the customer is always right" seems to be virtually non-existent in Thailand. Far too often it is more like, "the customer is always wrong."

Since he is no longer with us, I'll use Richard Burk as an example. Many who ate at Richard's restaurants are probably well aware that if something was wrong with the food, most of the time instead of doing anything about it, Richard would make excuses or try to tell you why you should like it.

One of my favorite Richard stories - and believe me I have plenty of them - was when he was running the Street Life deli. RichLB and I were eating there one night and RichLB wanted half a bagel with cream cheese as a starter. Instead of simply giving him what he wanted, Richard said, "What am I supposed to do with the other half of the bagel?" I'm surprised RichLB restrained himself from telling Richard just what he could do with it - but instead RichLB offered to pay for a whole bagel, but only wanted half to be served. Richard Burk still refused to give him half a bagel. To this day we've never figured out what Richard had to gain from that or why he wouldn't just give RichLB the fucking half bagel. Instead he preferred to argue and give RichLB a hard time about it.

I know I'm singling out Richard Burk, but believe me, he was far from the only restaurateur whose attitude was similar. And many still are.

Undaunted

#48 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Yes yes, what you say is all well and good after you have been there an offer is meant to entice new customers, as for the bagel scenario if it were my restaurant I would say simply "sir we do not serve halfs we would be happy to wrap the other half so you can take it home with you".

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 581 times

#49 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Undaunted wrote:as for the bagel scenario if it were my restaurant I would say simply "sir we do not serve halfs we would be happy to wrap the other half so you can take it home with you".

Can you picture Richard Burk ever doing that?

I know I'm getting off topic, but from among all the Richard Burk stories, this one is my all time favorite:

Some may remember several years ago when Microsoft came out with their Service Pack 2, and it screwed up a lot of computers.

I was sitting at the beach when my mobile phone rang and it was Richard Burk, almost in a state of panic, telling me he installed the service pack and now he can't even get his computer to open - and all of his business files and data are on the computer. He had no backups. Could I please come to his apartment and help him?

I said yes. For those who know Pattaya, Richard's apartment was on the same soi as the PIC Hospital, near the Alcazar Show. Nevertheless, I left the beach and went to help him.

I worked on his computer for three solid hours and I did manage to rescue it and get all his files back for him. When I was nearly finished he said, "I noticed you haven't been to the restaurant in a while." At the time he still had the Amor in Pattayaland.

I said, "Well, your restaurant is not exactly the least expensive in town and this has been a particularly expensive month for me. I can't afford to eat out right now."

He asked me if I drove my car to his apartment, which I did. He then said, "When you're done with the computer, I'd like you to drive me to the Amor and have dinner there tonight."

I said, "Thank you, Richard. That's very kind of you."

We got to the restaurant and I ordered dinner. In the middle of dinner, here comes Richard - with a bill! I looked at him as if he had lost his mind.

He said, "I know you said you're short of cash this month. Don't worry about it. You can pay the bill next month when your money comes in."

True story. That was Richard. Nobody who knew him well ever doubted the story or was even surprised by it . . .

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”