Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
RichLB
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

#21 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby RichLB » Fri May 20, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm being redundant, but wish to affirm GB's review of our meal at Laong's is spot on. It's great Pattaya has another fine restaurant with quality food and reasonable prices. My only caveat is that if you are returning south from there, turn on soi 9 otherwise you have to drive all the way to Jomtien Complex before you can make a U turn to get home.

Up2u
Liked: 192 times
Been liked: 71 times

#22 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Up2u » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:28 pm

My first visit to Laong's with friends and concur with other postings. Definitely two thumbs up and a nice addition to the Pattaya restaurant scene.

loke
Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

#23 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby loke » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:27 pm

From my memory you can download an app to your phone called Eatigo and you will get a big discount 20 to 50% depending on the the time of day . I believe this restaurant is on their list.

2lz2p
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 32 times

#24 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby 2lz2p » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:42 pm

You can also access eatigo from a PC at: http://www.eatigo.com/home/th/en/pattaya/category/id/73/ -- Laong's Bistro is shown as "new" on their listing of International Restaurants.

Undaunted
Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 160 times

#25 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:25 am

There is an old post on their website its says they have a daily lunch buffet as well as a Wed. evening pasta buffet has anyone reading this been to either?1
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

dorayme
Been liked: 4 times

#26 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby dorayme » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am

Laong's Bistro is excellent. The service is also excellent. Try the fried avocado. It is unusual but really good. I wanted a second helping. The tuna in the picture is good too. Laong's is highly recommended. The restaurant was spotless.

Undaunted

#27 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 am

dorayme: Your endorsement is well taken but it doesn't answere the question Re: Laong's Buffet.

thewayhelooks
Been liked: 28 times

#28 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby thewayhelooks » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:02 am

I've been to the pasta night twice and can recommend it as value for money. A good selection of food which disappears quickly. The lasagna is my favourite. However the restaurant has limited seating and does get crowded quickly (we were there at 6.30pm) unless you don't mind eating outside with the smokers and traffic noise.

Undaunted

#29 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Undaunted » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm

thewayhelooks wrote:I've been to the pasta night twice and can recommend it as value for money. A good selection of food which disappears quickly. The lasagna is my favourite. However the restaurant has limited seating and does get crowded quickly (we were there at 6.30pm) unless you don't mind eating outside with the smokers and traffic noise.

Thanks T.W.H.L.

2lz2p
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 32 times

#30 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby 2lz2p » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:34 pm

I believe they did away with the lunch buffet some time ago. They do have a very good Pasta buffet on Wednesday nights as mentioned by Undaunted - it is a good deal at 245 baht. Their website shows the following (it doesn't mention their Wednesday buffet - but they list that in the events section of their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/laongsbistro/events?ref=page_internal :

Our menu’s feature a variety of Thai, and International cuisine. The morning menu offers a selection of traditional English breakfasts, waffles, omelettes, cereals, yoghurts and fresh fruits. For afternoons we offer dishes such as fish & chips, pies, a variety of sandwiches, burgers, pizza and a range of tapas / snack choices. Our “Exquisite Evening’s” menu has a more refined offering of seafood dishes, steaks, pasta dishes and sweet desserts along with an exclusive and affordable wine selection.

We also have recently introduced our "Flavours of Siam" menu which focuses on traditional old style Thai cuisine served in a modern style of presentation on the plate.

Their webpage is at: http://laongs.com/index.html

I have eaten here several times - breakfast, lunch (mid-afternoon), and dinner - I have introduced them to several friends and they also gave Laong rave reviews.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”