Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times

#11 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby Moses » Thu May 19, 2016 12:00 pm

What are you missing in your advertising at forums:
1. Map
2. GPS data
3. Working hours
4. Special action for forum members (you are using forum for advertising, it would be nice to give something in exchange).
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/

LaongsBistro
Liked: 16 times
Been liked: 2 times

#12 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby LaongsBistro » Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Great feedback, thank you Moses
Robert & Ong
Laong's Bistro & Boutique
Jomtien 2nd Road
Tel: 038233099
www.fb.com/laongsbistro
www.laongs.com

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#13 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby Gaybutton » Thu May 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Moses wrote:Special action for forum members (you are using forum for advertising, it would be nice to give something in exchange).

That part is fine with me provided whatever he offers, if anything, applies to everyone on this forum. I want to make it clear that he owes me nothing whatsoever. I told him the same thing I tell any gay or gay friendly venue that wishes to advertise on this board. No obligation to me whatsoever. Advertisers are permitted to post ads as often as they wish.

If anything is offered, how does he know whatever it is is going to be taken advantage of by board members? That's easy. If Laong's Bistro makes an offer, any board member wishing to accept it should have to send him a PM. That's how he can know it's from a board member rather than just anybody who happens to be reading this board, but is not a board member. PMs can only be sent and received by board members.

Moses
Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times

#14 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby Moses » Thu May 19, 2016 5:50 pm

In fact actions are not for client attraction, but mostly to count leads from forums. On one forum you write "Tell to waiter word "wind" and receive complimentary bottle of water", at another forum you write "Tell to waiter word "sand" and receive free bottle of water". Then you counting "sands" and "winds" and understand where advertising is working better and starting to expand advertising there.
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 27 times

#15 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby lvdkeyes » Fri May 20, 2016 8:14 am

These secret passwords are ridiculous. If promotions are offered, they should be offered to all customers.

RichLB
Been liked: 25 times

#16 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby RichLB » Fri May 20, 2016 12:24 pm

As much as I like a bargain, I vote for NOT offering a discount. My sense is that it is possible to put off non-user customers who do not receive any such gift when they observe that other customers are. I appreciate the good intentions of the restaurant, but caution against it.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#17 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby Gaybutton » Fri May 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Now that I've given it some thought, I'm inclined to agree with lvdkeyes and RichLB. If a restaurant is really good, people are going to find it and start coming repeatedly. While Laong's Bistro's heart is in the right place, a discount really is not necessary and, as RichLB says, such a discount potentially could backfire.

When I go to a restaurant, as long as it is reasonably priced in the first place, I'm not looking for a discount. I'm looking for good quality food, good service, and a truly enjoyable meal. For me, that's all it takes to get me there and get me there often.

I know lvdkeyes well enough to know if he approves of a restaurant, then everyone can be absolutely certain it is not just good, but very good.

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 27 times

#18 Re: Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby lvdkeyes » Fri May 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Had lunch there yesterday and it was good, as well. Now have had all three meals and would recommend any of them.

2lz2p
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 32 times

#19 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby 2lz2p » Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 pm

I stopped in this morning to give their breakfast a try. I had the Pancakes with bacon and bf had the full English breakfast. The bf especially liked the sausage - a struggle but he finished it (he didn't eat the toast, but brought it home). On my order there were 3 pancakes with syrup and 2 strips of bacon. Although not as large as Pastrami on Rye's, which gives you 2, they were a bit thicker - so about the same quantity. They were quite tasty. I also like being able to order sides off the menu; for this morning I added a couple of eggs. I fully agree with Catawampuscat's comments about the coffee.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#20 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Gaybutton » Fri May 20, 2016 9:14 pm

This evening RichLB and I tried Laong's Bistro. We liked it as much as everybody else.

First, how to pronounce the name: La-Ong. Pronounce Ong as if you were saying 'long', but without the L. The reason for the name is Laong is technically the owner. Laong is her name.

Robert, her husband, is a truly nice guy and we enjoyed getting to meet and talk with him. Among the things he told us was if there is anything we want, but it's not on the menu, if he has the ingredients he'll make it.

One comment I haven't seen - the restaurant is spotlessly clean.

RichLB and I each tried the Avocado Fries starter. We both loved it. I'll probably be ordering that every time I'm in there.

RichLB had the Pork Saltimbocca for his main. I had the Bacon wrapped Chicken Rouladen. Again, we greatly enjoyed it. We did not have dessert, despite how tempting the desserts in the display case looked. We were just too full.

I concur with everyone else who has been there. Definitely try this restaurant.

GPS coordinates are: N 12° 53' 26", E 100° 52' 44"

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”