Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes
Been liked: 27 times

#1 Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby lvdkeyes » Sun May 15, 2016 10:34 am

We have been here twice now, once for dinner and just back from breakfast there. Eggs Benedict with perfectly poached eggs and homemade Hollandaise sauce were perfect. This place is a must try place.

http://www.facebook.com/laongsbistro

RichLB
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

#2 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby RichLB » Sun May 15, 2016 3:37 pm

We've been meaning to Laong's a try. It sure looks good. But, try as I might, I can see no mention of their menu prices - after visiting several sites promoting the place. Anyone have knowledge of their range of prices? I also heard they offer a Wednesday pasta buffet - no mention of price though. Also, do they have other buffets on tap? Thanks for any info anybody has. The place looks really nice and appealing.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#3 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby Gaybutton » Sun May 15, 2016 3:43 pm

RichLB wrote:But, try as I might, I can see no mention of their menu prices

You'll find their menu and prices at: http://www.facebook.com/laongsbistro/ap ... 0556303383

2lz2p
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 32 times

#4 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby 2lz2p » Sun May 15, 2016 4:51 pm

I have dined there twice - it is only a few minutes from where I live. A lady friend told me about the place and wanted to give it a try. The place is very nice and the Thai lady that runs it very cordial. We made a second trip about a week later as my friend wanted to try the Pasta buffet. The dishes we had on the first trip included the Avocado Fries as a shared starter - something a little different from the usual and quite good. My friend had the Pork Filet Mignon Bacon as her main while I chose the wrapped Chicken Rouladen - both our dishes were well presented and in our opinion quite delicious. On the 2nd trip, my friend chose the Pasta Buffet and was very complimentary - especially for the meat balls and the meat sauce. I chose the Lamb Samosa as a starter with Pork Saltimbocca as the main. I found the Samosa to be excellent served with a chutney sauce and the curry on the spicy side. The main was also very good. Their house wine is good IMO and reasonable at 125 baht per glass.

Thanks GB for the link to the menu. For those that have a sweet tooth, in addition to the dessert items on the menu, they have other pastries, etc. in a glass case (I didn't ask, but possibly from Back Fabrik Bakery which is practically next door to Laong's Bistro) and several flavors of ice cream.

LaongsBistro
Liked: 16 times
Been liked: 2 times

#5 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby LaongsBistro » Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 am

Dear Group, Firstly can I thank GB for accepting us to become members of the board. We would also like to extend our thanks to the OP of this thread and the kind words about our little Bistro.

We opened at the tail end of November of last year and like any small business in this part of the world it has and continue to take us time to become established and for people to recognise our brand. We are very grateful to everybody who comes to visit us here.

Our style is very relaxed, we like our customer to feel at home here, whether you simply would like to come for a coffee and a chat or a 3 course dinner with all the trimmings you are very welcome

Open from 9am until 10pm every day except Tuesday, our menus cover a variety of traditional and non traditional Thai, Fusion & International cuisines.

We run some specials and promotions from time to time and You will see them advertised here occasionally. We also have 2 buffets in operation, our Pasta Buffet is on Wednesday evenings from 5pm until 9pm, at which you will be able to try a variety of dishes from our regular Pasta menu, such as lasagne, meatballs, bolognaise, our cheese sauce, Italian sausage and each week we like to mix it up a little by including some non menu dishes, just for a little change from the norm. Pasta Buffet is ฿245/Person.

Our other weekly Buffet is Lunchtime Friday between 11am & 3pm and has a variety of Thai & simple International food. Examples such as chicken with cashew, green chicken curry, pork with garlic & pepper, scotch eggs, mini Cornish pasty, beef stroganoff etc. We try to give a different selection each week to keep everything interesting. That buffet is priced at ฿249/ Person

Events & Special offers are posted daily on our social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Line, follow us for regular updates

In closing I'd like again to say thank you to all who have already or are planning to visit our wee place here. We hope to see you soon and that you enjoy your time here at Laong's Bistro & Boutique on Jomtien 2nd Road
Robert & Ong
Jomtien 2nd Road
Tel: 038233099
www.fb.com/laongsbistro
www.laongs.com

catawampuscat
Liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

#6 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby catawampuscat » Mon May 16, 2016 12:26 pm

We met Robert this morning at breakfast. Very pleasant fellow. He mentioned he posted here.
I had the eggs Benedict with salmon. Very tasty only I would try the English muffin next time instead of crispy bread.
My friend had the big breakfast and struggled to finish it. Coffee was very good and rich. Well worth trying.

LaongsBistro

#7 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby LaongsBistro » Mon May 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Dear catawampuscat, very nice to meet you this morning. English Muffin is our normal service for EB, I just checked with staff here and it sounds as if there was a misunderstanding of your needs. It would appear that when you ordered toast the kitchen staff took it to mean you wanted that instead of the muffin. Our mistake which the guys should have clarified with you. Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding and an invitation to you to come back and try again (on the house), this time with our eggcellent muffin, the way it should be

Best wishes,

Robert
Robert & Ong
Jomtien 2nd Road
www.fb.com/laongsbistro
www.laongs.com

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 27 times

#8 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby lvdkeyes » Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

I know Laong's gets their English muffins from London Pie. I was at London pie end of last week and they were out of muffins. The English owner told me they would be making muffins today (Monday). Maybe that is why they served Eggs benedict on crisp bread.

catawampuscat
Liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

#9 Re: Laong's Bistro & Boutique

Postby catawampuscat » Mon May 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Actually, I ordered crispy bread which was toast. I should have gone for the classic EB, but the crispy bread was fine.
My mistake not to have taken the choice of English muffin, which probably would have been the way to go.

LaongsBistro

#10 Introducing Laong's Bistro in Jomtien

Postby LaongsBistro » Wed May 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Dear All,

If I may, for those of you who haven't visited us here in Jomtien yet, I would like to show you our 30sec info video, to let you see a little of what we are all about

Robert & Ong
Jomtien 2nd Road
www.fb.com/laongsbistro
www.laongs.com

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”