Amedeus

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Amedeus

Post by lvdkeyes »

We tried a relatively new restaurant. It is a nice place with mid range prices and decent food.

2lz2p

Re: Amedeus

Post by 2lz2p »

I gave the place a try last night with a friend. Very good with a very personable owner good service staff.

I was not aware of it, but on Mondays they have a buffet for 690 baht per person -- IMO well worth the price - a choice of salads including assorted olives and if you are into it, an Octopus salad - they also had Caesar Salad dressing, croutons, bacon bits and Parmesan cheese (but it was at the pasta table). There were assorted breads available. The pasta table included Penne Pasta & Lasagne; it was also where the Pumpkin soup was located. Another table had various cold cuts, salami, ham, etc. On the back table, they had a cheese board (4 different cheeses) and deserts. At each table, there is "menu" for the main dishes being served as part of the buffet - choice of one and it is cooked and brought out after you have enjoyed the salads, pasta, cold cuts, etc. Last night the choices were fish, pork, or Chicken Cacciatore (we both chose the chicken and were not disappointed - the owner mentioned it was his mother's recipe and he had personally prepared it for the buffet dinner). In addition, the serving staff periodically came out from the kitchen with a freshly cooked Pizza offering each person a slice.

If you are a wine drinker, the house wines by the glass are 190 baht - this is not a box or jug wine - as you can order a full bottle at 950 baht (the better value if sharing and plan to have more than two glasses each).

I did glance over the menu, they do have several selections of Tapas ranging from 95 to 190 baht. The soups and main dishes appeared reasonably priced.

We will definitely be visiting again (if you are a person who wishes to have a drink in the bar before going to your table, have a sweater or light jacket as the AC in that area is quite cool - when I arrived, I walked straight into the bar not realizing the dining area was to my immediate left) - the dining area was comfortable, there is some background music, but not so loud as to drown out conversation.

If you drive, there is parking in front of the restaurant - it is railed off and a there is a barrier at the entrance (this is also the drive for the condominiums that are located behind the restaurant) - pull up to the barrier and flash your lights, the barrier is then raised (when I was leaving, the rear of my pickup was to the guard station and I sat there for a bit until I thought to switch in and out of reverse about 3 times to flash the backup lights, that did the trick and the barrier was raised).
Up2u

Re: Amedeus

Post by Up2u »

My first visit two nights ago. My tenderloin was excellent and my friend enjoyed his chicken dish. The bar and lounge are a carryover from DaVinci's which is pretentious but the outside veranda is now enclosed and yes there is a small private parking area in front for 5 or 6 cars. The owner, Alberto, can be overly friendly, and I hope this restaurant is a successful as I will be back.