Bite Me

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Bite Me

Post by Gaybutton »

Last evening 4 of us tried Bite Me, located directly across Third Road from New York Pizza, at the junction of Third Road and Soi Leng Kee.

The short version of my review is the food and presentation is superb and the prices are quite low for the quality of the food. He could easily charge much more. The down side is there are only about 7 tables and the service is very slow. We arrived at 7:30 and were still there after 9:00pm. The restaurant was packed and people were waiting outside the door. We were almost turned away until I said we have a booking. Due to the popularity of the restaurant, if you're going between 7:00pm to 9:00pm, you probably won't get in without a booking. It's probably best to make a booking no matter what time you go. The owner was apologetic about the long waiting time, but as I said the restaurant was packed. When our food finally did arrive, all 4 of us thought it was fabulous and was well worth the wait.

If the restaurant is crowded, expect it to be noisy. The acoustics are not the world's greatest.

I had the rare tuna starter, followed by the Sea Bass fillet. Both were incredibly good. Including water, my bill came to 505 baht. Even if the bill was 800 or 900 baht, I wouldn't have complained. I was tempted to try one of the desserts, but was too full. The portions are quite generous.

The menu is limited, but considering the quality of the food, I'd rather see a small menu with superb food than a more extensive menu with mediocre food. Once the customer numbers died down the owner had a chance to come to our table and chat with us. He is a very personable gentleman from Scotland. He said the restaurant has only been open for 5 weeks and he is going to open a second location on Pratumnak Hill.

Bite Me is closed Sundays.

This is definitely a "go again, many times" restaurant. I'll let their Facebook page and Pattaya Mail review do the rest of the talking.

http://www.facebook.com/BitePattaya/

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/bi ... -bar-55577
Gaybutton

Re: Bite Me

Post by Gaybutton »

As many of you know, Bite Me has been closed for the better part of a year. I never expected to see that restaurant, one of my favorites, again.

The good news is Bite Me has reopened, now under a new name: The Bite. The Facebook page is the same as above: https://www.facebook.com/BitePattaya/

The location is the same. The prices are the same. I didn't think to ask if he still closes on Sundays.

Last night Pattayamale and I tried it. The restaurant is just as good as ever. Not many people are aware that The Bite has reopened, so there was no crowd. Other than us, only a couple other tables were occupied. The owner told us they've only been open for less than two weeks.

Most of the original menu items are still there, along with a few additions and deletions. The menu now includes many Indian items. A small Indian restaurant opened next door and they share the kitchen.

I asked the owner what happened - Why were they closed for so long and why the name change? His answer was, "If you have a few hours I can tell you the story. If not, the short answer is 'This is Thailand.'" That answer was good enough for me. Many of us know exactly what he means.

There was some minor confusion with the waitress over a salad that Pattayamale wanted. Apparently the owner didn't find out that Pattayamale didn't get a salad until we were finished with our main course. He came over, apologized, and offered to compensate with a cheesecake dessert - for both of us. No complaints about that . . .

I'm delighted The Bite is open. This is one of my favorite restaurants and I'll be there often. VERY often.