Aroi

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Aroi

Post by Gaybutton »

Last evening two friends and I tried Aroi and we were delighted. Aroi is another "The Dark Side" restaurant. Aroi features both Thai and European food and you can order from their menu or enjoy one of their buffets.

We tried the Sunday buffet and we're definitely going to be back. The buffet included several salad items, several bruschetta choices, bbq chicken and ribs, sausages, and a variety of vegetables. Ice cream for dessert is included in the price.

The buffets:

Wednesday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - International buffet, including aperitif and trio of desserts - 295 baht
Thursday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Pasta-Pizza-Lasagna - 295 baht
Friday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Mussels and giant mix brochettes - 295 baht (this seems to be their most popular buffet)
Sunday - 1:00pm to 9:00pm - Chicken and spare ribs (as I described above) - 299 baht

That's not all - Aroi is open from 8:00am - they serve breakfast.

This is a great find and we are for sure going to be regulars. Getting to Aroi is easy, although you will need your own transportation or a taxi. From the southbound lane on Sukhumvit, about a block after you pass Makro you'll spot a 7-Eleven on the corner. That's where to turn. It's Soi 89, also known as Soi Toongklom-Talman. Go up the soi, cross the railroad tracks, continue about 250 meters, and there it is on your right.

GPS coordinates: N 12° 53' 41", E 100° 54' 11"

Telephone: 087 043 3227

Aroi is closed on Mondays.

See also:

http://www.facebook.com/aroipattayapubresto/ and http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/ar ... -you-48349
lvdkeyes

Re: Aroi

Post by lvdkeyes »

We have eaten there many times and thoroughly enjoyed every time. I love their egg salad on the salad bar.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

I'm much indebted to this section of the Board. In my very brief time in Pattaya I have eaten at the French Garden and Livv. Tonight was the Aroi's turn.

The Wednesday evening buffet was exactly as described above by Gaybutton. The dessert was a choice of creme brulee and Belgian chocolate 'mousse' (is that the right word?, anyway it was delicious). I was encouraged to try both so I did!

The owner was more than happy to chat and explain his dining 'philosophy', which certainly chimes with that of many folks as the restaurant was doing a good trade whilst I was there (I got there early at 6pm as when I am on a motorbike I like to get to places I haven't been before before dark).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Last night a Thai friend and I ate at Aroi. We enjoy their Friday mussels buffet - although now the price is 375 baht. Still very well worth it in my opinion.

I spoke to the owner. He informed me that he is about to move his operation. As of January 5, 2019 he is going to close Aroi and on January 15 he will reopen at his new location, about 250m further up the same road. He said his reason for doing this is because he wants a smaller, more family style restaurant. He didn't say whether anyone is taking over his current location.

We also talked about the Amber restaurant. He was half owner of Amber. I asked him what happened at Amber. The last time I went is definitely going to be the last time I went. The menu had been changed and had fewer choices. The staff who had been there for years had been completely replaced. The prices had been raised and, quite frankly, the food was terrible.

He said it became too much for him to be running both restaurants, so the other owner now runs it. I said this is the kind of thing that happens all too often. A really good restaurant changes hands and rarely seems to take very long before the new owner makes changes and now a very good restaurant becomes a really lousy restaurant. Why any new owner would take a good restaurant that was working well and then start making changes goes beyond me, but that's what happened. Unfortunately, Amber is now permanently crossed off my restaurant list.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Amber is the former Blue Olive under new ownership. I was there with friends last New Year Eve. I won’t be running back.

Aroi posts all the time on Facebook and it looks interesting.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"