Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 552 times

#1 Aroi

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 am

Last evening two friends and I tried Aroi and we were delighted. Aroi is another "The Dark Side" restaurant. Aroi features both Thai and European food and you can order from their menu or enjoy one of their buffets.

We tried the Sunday buffet and we're definitely going to be back. The buffet included several salad items, several bruschetta choices, bbq chicken and ribs, sausages, and a variety of vegetables. Ice cream for dessert is included in the price.

The buffets:

Wednesday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - International buffet, including aperitif and trio of desserts - 295 baht
Thursday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Pasta-Pizza-Lasagna - 295 baht
Friday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Mussels and giant mix brochettes - 295 baht (this seems to be their most popular buffet)
Sunday - 1:00pm to 9:00pm - Chicken and spare ribs (as I described above) - 299 baht

That's not all - Aroi is open from 8:00am - they serve breakfast.

This is a great find and we are for sure going to be regulars. Getting to Aroi is easy, although you will need your own transportation or a taxi. From the southbound lane on Sukhumvit, about a block after you pass Makro you'll spot a 7-Eleven on the corner. That's where to turn. It's Soi 89, also known as Soi Toongklom-Talman. Go up the soi, cross the railroad tracks, continue about 250 meters, and there it is on your right.

GPS coordinates: N 12° 53' 41", E 100° 54' 11"

Telephone: 087 043 3227

Aroi is closed on Mondays.

See also:

http://www.facebook.com/aroipattayapubresto/ and http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/ar ... -you-48349

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 35 times

#2 Re: Aroi

Postby lvdkeyes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 am

We have eaten there many times and thoroughly enjoyed every time. I love their egg salad on the salad bar.

Rogie
Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 4 times

#3 Re: Aroi

Postby Rogie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm much indebted to this section of the Board. In my very brief time in Pattaya I have eaten at the French Garden and Livv. Tonight was the Aroi's turn.

The Wednesday evening buffet was exactly as described above by Gaybutton. The dessert was a choice of creme brulee and Belgian chocolate 'mousse' (is that the right word?, anyway it was delicious). I was encouraged to try both so I did!

The owner was more than happy to chat and explain his dining 'philosophy', which certainly chimes with that of many folks as the restaurant was doing a good trade whilst I was there (I got there early at 6pm as when I am on a motorbike I like to get to places I haven't been before before dark).

Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”