Pastrami on Rye joins Eat I Go

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Pastrami on Rye joins Eat I Go

Post by 2lz2p »

Pastrami on Rye now offers discounts when a booking is made through Eat I Go - http://eatigo.com/home/th/en/pattaya/re ... time=15.30 Certain items are excluded as noted.
2lz2p

Re: Pastrami on Rye joins Eat I Go

Post by 2lz2p »

Apparently, P on R no longer participates with eatigo. But, they now offer delivery through Foodpanda (Door to Door) - I haven't been there in a while, so haven't asked if they still have their own delivery service or if it has been replaced by Foodpanda - drawback to Foodpanda orders is they include a 10% service charge & a 70 baht delivery fee.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

When last looked at Eatigo Pastrami on Rye was on the site but had a caveat saying Pastrami and Corned sandwiches would be exempt from discounts....This is like saying a restaurant named Surf & Turf excludes steak and seafood. :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The owner has previously told me that corned beef and pastrami are very low profit items. To include them in discounts would cause no profit or possibly a loss.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As I checked again they no longer are on eatigo so the point is moot. I've been there before I knew of eatigo, had a pastrami sandwich, as I know what makes a good pastrami sandwich I cannot recommend This restaurant.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I've been there before I knew of eatigo, had a pastrami sandwich, as I know what makes a good pastrami sandwich I cannot recommend This restaurant.
Have you found an acceptable restaurant in Pattaya for a pastrami sandwich?

Myself, I'm no judge of pastrami sandwiches - being from the Southwest and having lived in San Antonio, Texas, Mexican food is another story. I could say the same thing about the Mexican restaurants I've tried in Pattaya - but since there isn't any other choices, I find their food suffices.

For P on R, I like their Cuban sandwich and their pastrami bacon philly sandwich. Their bacon cheese burger is also better than most I have had in Pattay - of course, I bow to Up2U, as he is a burger aficionado.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

2lz2p wrote:Have you found an acceptable restaurant in Pattaya for a pastrami sandwich?
You make some good points however as a native New Yorker and have had untold amounts of pastrami sandwiches Lol, I haven't found a restaurant with a good pastrami sandwich that's why I order mine from MJ Smokehouse and make my own at home..To your point I too love Mexican food and can't find a suitable Mexican restaurant, thanks to my friend TOQ(R.I.P.) I do enjoy the weekend Tex/Mex brunch buffet at Beefeater restaurant 2nd road @ Soi Diana.

F.Y.I. http://mobile.carnegiedeli.com/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:Have you found an acceptable restaurant in Pattaya for a pastrami sandwich?
I like Pastrami on Rye just fine. I'm not from New York, but when I go to a restaurant in Thailand I don't try to compare it to what I was used to in the USA. I compare it to what is available in Thailand. Maybe their pastrami can't compare to New York, but if there is a better restaurant in all of Thailand that serves a better pastrami sandwich than Pastrami on Rye, I'd like to know where.

Unless you want to order from MJ Smokehouse, if you want a pastrami sandwich in Thailand, Pastrami on Rye will just have to do.

By the way, how does a New York pastrami sandwich differ from Pastrami on Rye? It's been so many years since the last time I was in New York, I don't remember. What should Pastrami on Rye be doing to make their pastrami sandwich better than it already is?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:By the way, how does a New York pastrami sandwich differ from Pastrami on Rye? It's been so many years since the last time I was in New York, I don't remember. What should Pastrami on Rye be doing to make their pastrami sandwich better than it already is?
Like any beef it is the fat that gives it its flavor. Pastrami should never be served lean also the bread is important(never white bread). My visit to said restaurant left a lot to be desired, meat lean to a fault, bread stale literally fell apart.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

Undaunted wrote:Pastrami should never be served lean also the bread is important(never white bread). My visit to said restaurant left a lot to be desired, meat lean to a fault, bread stale literally fell apart.
Quite some time ago since I ate there (March '15) but whereas I found the meat nice enough (for a Limey), the bread was a big disappointment.