Made in Italy - Fridays-only buffet

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Made in Italy - Fridays-only buffet

Post by Gaybutton »

Made in Italy is owned by the same people that own Aroy Italy on Sukhumvit. For information about Aroy Italy, see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6028

Made in Italy is very easy to find. It's located at the junction of Jomtien Second Road and Soi 5. Soi 5 is the soi where Pattaya Immigration is located.

Made in Italy is essentially an Italian deli. They have a wide variety of imported Italian cold cuts and cheeses for sale. Aroy Italy sells a much more comprehensive selection of Italian products, including a wide variety of pastas and a huge selection of wines.

On Fridays only, Made in Italy offers an Italian buffet for 299 baht, 6:00pm to 10:00pm. RichLB and I tried it. I loved it. RichLB liked it too, but not nearly as much as I did. The buffet includes a variety of pasta dishes, cheese pizza, a variety of bruschettas, several salad choices, Italian cold cuts, and even different Italian cookies and Ricotta cheesecake for dessert. There were several salad items I had never seen before. I have no idea what some of the ingredients were, but I definitely liked them. If lvdkeyes tries it, maybe he can tell us.

My bill, including water, came to 340 baht, which I thought was an excellent value for what they serve.

Made in Italy is not really meant to be a restaurant. There are only 5 or 6 tables inside and 2 tables outside, so if you want to go I suggest making a booking. Call 038 059 557. RichLB and I arrived about 7:15pm. We did not have a booking. Only 1 table was still available. We were lucky to get it. The buffet obviously is popular.

For further information, see: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/e ... y-jomtien/
RichLB

Re: Made in Italy - Fridays-only buffet

Post by RichLB »

Just to give balance and prove the adage that what one person likes someone else won't. I found the food ok, but much prefer any number of other Italian restaurants around town. It didn't help that I couldn't identify what most of the dishes were and the ones I tried were not warm. But, give it a try and form your own opinion.