Hot Dogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Hot Dogs

Post by Gaybutton »

Last night RichLB, another friend, and I gave All American Hot Dogs a try. Interestingly enough, none of us tried the hot dogs. We all tried the hamburgers. I liked mine, although I thought it was a bit dry. But I liked it enough that I'll be returning. Maybe next time I'll try one of their hot dogs.

I had their bacon cheeseburger - 200 baht. The rest of their hamburgers are less expensive. They also have Black Angus hamburgers - 260 baht.

RichLB and I also tried their Chili. We both really liked it. It is done quite differently from the Chili at Rich Man-Poor Man. I like both. As far as I know, those are the only two restaurants in Pattaya where Chili is available. The owner, Mark, is very personable and fun to chat with. He aims to please. He comes from Houston, Texas - so he knows his Chili. His waitress speaks excellent English.

They also have other items on the menu, such as BBQ chicken wings. I saw a man at another table eating them and they looked really good to me.

The portions are large. You won't leave this restaurant still hungry.

They also just started a breakfast menu.

It's a small hole-in-the-wall size place - only a few tables - and it's air conditioned.

Don't expect fine dining quality hamburgers, but If you're looking for inexpensive, but very tasty hamburgers and hot dogs, give All American Hot Dogs a try.

Don't forget to have a look at their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/allamericanhotdogandsnowcones/
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I agree with GB. All American Hot Dogs is now on my list of regular restaurant haunts. As to the hamburger, mine wasn't dry at all and even better, the home made hamburger bun didn't fall apart half way through eating it. And, if you ever try this place, don't miss the chili. I ordered the small bowl and the portion was large enough to almost be a complete meal by itself. Like GB, I'm looking forward to trying one of their hot dog choices on my next visit. The only negative I can come up with is the print on their menu. The font is so small it was even difficult to read with a magnifying glass. Thank goodness the hot dog choices have pictures so you can tell what you're going to get.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I've been to the All American Diner three times. Can't say I like their burgers but I did enjoy the grilled hot dog. Plumper than the dogs at Beertopia and just as good in my opinion. They have a huge selection of chicken wings which I have never tried.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

All American Diner buys their hot dogs from Beertopia.

All beef hotdogs are not all the same...I prefer Nathans Famous or Hebrew National hot dogs.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

For me the best hot dogs are Vienna all beef hot dogs.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

What I don't like are skinless hot dogs. I want the skin. That texture, for me, is half the enjoyment of the hot dog.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

There is alot of extra skin on any Thai hot dog that I've seen.:o Several years ago I encounted a Thai hot dog that had the most skin I've ever seen on a hodog I remarkrd "Osama could hide in there".
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Gaybutton wrote:" ... What I don't like are skinless hot dogs. I want the skin ... "
There's a really good joke line in there somewhere.

Frankly, I always though the 'skin' was plastic. Apparently not
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:Frankly, I always though the 'skin' was plastic. Apparently not
I don't know what they were, but I want the kind that were sold from the New York pushcarts of the 1950s and 1960s.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: I don't know what they were, but I want the kind that were sold from the New York pushcarts of the 1950s and 1960s.
You must have bought them from a pushcart probably with an umbrella attached to it:

http://www.sabrett.com/products.cfm