Hot Dogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
RichLB

Re: Hot Dogs

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone tried the hot dogs at All American Hot Dogs and Snow Cones (Yeah, I know - a terrible name) off Jomtien Beach Road on (I think) Soi Welcome?
https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/ ... tdogs#info
https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/ ... an-hotdogs
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Great news on Beertopia hours. Often I've been out and a about around noon; often on a route back to Jomtien that passes near their location and have lamented the fact that they were not open for me to stop for lunch. I like both their cheeseburger as well as their dogs.

I have had home delivery from the All American Hot Dogs and Snow Cones - I was not overly impressed with their dogs (foot long wiener in a bun that they apparently bake as it is not a typical hot dog bun and is shorter than the wiener) - wiener is about the same as you get at the grocery stores IMO - not as flavorful as Beertopia's beef wieners, but about the same circumference. But, I found their bacon cheese burger to be good with a decent size meat patty. I also had an order of their Texas Chili - all I can say is I lived in Texas for over 20 years and never had anything that tasted the same. That doesn't mean it wasn't good, just different - I buy a frozen Gourmet Deli chili con carne at Best Market (Dolphin Roundabout) or at the grocery market opposite Pan Pan - it is very similar to the chili I got from All American HD & SC - I've always referred to it as English style Chili (an assumption on my part since it didn't taste like the chili I am used to).

I've been meaning to stop by their location as it is in Soi Welcome Jomtien, which is about 1km from my house and maybe try some dishes that are not on their home delivery menu with Food Panda (Door to Door).
loke

Post by loke »

Yes I tried the All American hotdog. I do not now how an original American hotdog tastes like (I'm EU) but the one I had was excellent. Also their ice cream milkshakes was very good, best I had in Pattaya.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I will have to try All American. I am from Chicago and I know what an American hot dog should taste like.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Tried a hot dog at All American. Good hot dog - smoked pork, very tasty. The bun was a bit too dense for my liking, but edible. It was served plain with mustard and ketchup (God forbid) on the table. A small dish of chopped onions came with it. I asked for relish and received it. The owner said they don't automatically serve it with hot dog because people don't eat it. He is a very pleasant guy who is trying to make a go of it. He never had a restaurant when he was in the US, so it's all new to him. He does listen to suggestions. I hope he does well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Tried a hot dog at All American. Good hot dog
Did you happen to ask if he also sells just packs of hot dogs, as Beertopia does?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

No I didn't. Never gave it a thought.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Asking if he sells them by the pack will be my first question. I prefer my hot dogs my way, and the only way I ever get them my way is when I make them myself. So far, for me, Beertopia's hot dogs are the best I've found in Thailand. I hope I'll also like All American's hot dogs. They sound good and a little different. That's good. I'd much rather have two different kinds of hot dogs that I like instead of two places to get hot dogs serving essentially the same thing.

Either way, I'm glad good hot dogs finally arrived in Pattaya. We sure waited long enough.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Although All American's hot dogs are good, I prefer Beertopia's for the way they are dressed.
loke

Post by loke »

Some pictures of their hot dogs and more can be found on their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/allamericanhotdogandsnowcones/