Eathai Central Embassy Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Eathai Central Embassy Bangkok

Post by Trongpai »

We found this place by accident. We were just parking in the basement of Central Embassy with the intention of taking the foot bridge over to ChitLom Central and this place caught my eye.

When I first came to Thailand on visits I ate almost exclusively Thai food. Western food used to be really bad. Now Thailand has learned to cook really good Western food but I still love Thai food. Most of what you get in Bangkok is 'Bangkok Thai' and some of the dishes that I've have in my travels around Thailand I like very much. Eathai is a up market cooked to order food court with 8 cooking sections each with different regional Thai food. You can mix and match what you want and it gets delivered to your table.

There's fake food models on plates and it's easy to order if you once had something you liked but did not remember the name.

I really like Lanna food but getting in Bangkok is often an imitation of what I've had in Northern Thailand. I was pleased with what I had and it was just like I was in Chiang Mai. I also tried the Issan Vietnamese, very good. In and around NE Issan there's pockets of ethnic Vietnamese that immigrated a long time ago and they have their own style of Viet food that I've had and really like.

Eathai restaurant is on the ground floor of the Central Embassy Mall/shopping center on Sukhumvit Road between ChitLom and PholenChit. You can access Central Embassy Mall from the sky walk platform of Ploenchit BTS. Then go down one level to the restaurant.

For some reason most of the cooks are guys and more than one was quite good looking.

http://www.centralembassy.com/eathai/
bao-bao

Re: Eathai Central Embassy Bangkok

Post by bao-bao »

Thanks for the recommendation... it sounds like something I'd like.