The Captain's table.

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Captain Kirk

The Captain's table.

Post by Captain Kirk »

Tried out Ganymede for breakfast. For me that is full English. Boring bastard that I am, I never do anything different. On the day, I can barely give it 2/10. Bacon cooked waaay beyond crispy, skinniest sausage I think I've ever eaten but it was at least edible, beans stone cold and eggs not quite cooked long enough and a glass of orange juice. Cost 180B.

Evening meal at Big C, North Pattaya in Santa Fe Steakhouse. I had Rib Eye Steak...and um :oops: also Chicken Steak wrapped in bacon. Well there was a 50B discount for taking two and I'm Scottish so there. Give it about 6/10. Would have gone 7 but the bacon was mainly fat. The steaks were ok without being great at all. 6 it is but looking for better.
Captain Kirk

Re: The Captain's table.

Post by Captain Kirk »

English breakfast at Olala (next to BB Inn on the beach) is decent value at 130B. Egg, (big) sausage the way we all like them, two pieces of ham rather than bacon, beans and toast and tea/coffee. Nicely cooked, I'll give that 8/10.

Night time fare from Frasers, nearby Bruno's. Plumped for the simplicity of bangers and mash. Quite enjoyable as it turned out, great dolloping portion which I just about finished. BF had a the T Bone steak which was also a plate filler. He gave 9.5/10 while I'll mark at 8/10 as I'm a miserable git.

A return is almost certain to both of today's establishments.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Oh, The Captain's Table. I thought you were referring to the Captain's Corner, a carnivore's delight.

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/th ... -icon-1865
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

windwalker wrote:Oh, The Captain's Table. I thought you were referring to the Captain's Corner, a carnivore's delight.

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/th ... -icon-1865
Years ago we used to eat at Captains Corner and sometimes tolerated the Elvis impersonator. Back then the dining options were more limited, but today Pattaya has so many good restaurant options I can't ever see myself eating there again. Not recommended. Let me know when there is an unfavorable review in a Pattaya newspaper.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Yes, Elvis is dead and gone. Maybe 10 years since I ate at Captains Corner; best forgotten now but enjoyable then.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Well who knew? Found my breakfast nirvana right across from my hotel. Restaurant Your Friend, Super English breakfast for 175B. Cooked nicely and everything I want is there. Would've given 10/10 but for the unsmiling service so calling it 9/10.