Chrysanthemum Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Chrysanthemum Restaurant

Post by lvdkeyes »

I just got confirmation from The Royal Cliff that the Chrysanthemum Restaurant will re-open on December 26th after about months of renovation.
Gaybutton

Re: Chrysanthemum Restaurant

Post by Gaybutton »

I definitely plan to go, but I'm going to give it about a week or so before I do - to first give time enough for them to get all their I's dotted and T's crossed after having been closed for so long.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening three of us went. We were delighted. Beautiful atmosphere. Excellent service. Short waiting time. Reasonable prices. Plenty of menu items.

We each started with soup. One had chicken corn soup, one had Szechuan hot and sour soup, and I had prawn wonton soup. Each soup is 160 baht.

They also give you an "amuse bouche" which was a deep fried prawn patty, served with a choice of three different sauces.

They, of course, serve tea - all you want - at no extra charge.

We shared a Peking duck - cooked perfectly - not a trace of fat. You get a choice of Thai style, which is the crispy duck skin served first in the pancakes, followed later by the duck meat, or Hong Kong style, which is the duck meat with the crispy skin, served in the pancakes. We opted for the Hong Kong style and loved it. They carve the duck and the waitresses prepare each serving. As soon as you finish one duck serving, they're right there with the next one. The Peking duck is 1200 baht. It is plenty for 3 or 4 hungry people. One of my friends is well traveled and has been to Beijing several times. He said this Peking duck was just about as good as the best he's ever had in Beijing.

The total bill for each of us was 460 baht - very well worth it. We greatly enjoyed it and definitely will be back - probably many times.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I am glad to hear that the food and prices remains the same as before the long renovation. I am eager to get back there soon.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Four of us ate there tonight. We all had soup and 1 Peking duck to share. Tea was continuously refilled. The Szechuan hot and sour soup with seafood is the best I have had anywhere. The duck was perfect and plenty for the four of us. The service was impeccable. The new decor is stylish and very well worth the long wait. Prices remain the same as before the renovation. Total bill, which included VAT and service was just under 2200 THB.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:The duck was perfect
Which did you have, the Hong Kong style or the Thai style?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Hong Kong style.